ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluetooth connection on 197

Clio Sport 197 cup
Hi everyone! Just a quick question...
I’ve just bought an 08 Clio 197 (I’ve had 2 182’s before) it’s got the original stereo in which I want to keep but just wondering about these boxes you put in your glovebox that connects to the back of the stereo?...does anyone know what they’re called and if there’s an aftermarket one that works with the stalks...don’t really want to spend £100’s!
Thanks Helen

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just for music

Plus one of these

1CD758BD-DB19-4EC5-BCA2-87330681515D.png

Had one in my r27 for years and it was bang on.

For calls as well you’ll want an xcarlink.

Welsh name had one on his 197 and I have one in the s4. Works brilliantly. Will randomly decide to not pair with the phone every now and then... but that wouldn’t be an issue if I didn’t hide the connector box/switch behind the dash.

Clio Sport 197 cup
Thanks! Yes I think the xcarlink is the one..for calls as well as music..if it’s a bob standard original stereo in the car I’m presuming it will have the slot/ hole for the cd changer in the back?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Which headunit do you have in the 197.

If you have the CD changer model it's a bit of a mare to sort out. You'll need to extend the aerial from under the seat to behind the dash. The CD changer model has the CD changer in the dash and the main stereo under the drivers seat.

Luckily everything apart from the aerial is still behind the dash on an extension loom. Perhaps the aerial is too but I never found it.

There's pictures in my old thread (search for welshname's 197 and you'll find it).