ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluetooth Speaker System

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I know some of you guys are quite in touch with your technology.

Ive just bought a new house and i was looking for a decent wireless speaker to go in my 'den'. Had a quick look online and found some good ones but then the missus made a point of having a few speakers around the house like bathroom, kitchen, bedroom. Wherever!

So i think Sonos are pretty good at this, but the price of one speaker is quite high, never mind buying 3/4 to link up.

Is there another system that works similar (Mainly streaming from my iPhone) to play music around my house ?

Thanks for your input,
Sam!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Another vote for sonos.

A bloke I used to work with built his house and built sonos speakers into every room. He rates them very highly and said he linked all the speakers, lights and tv etc up together so he can have different 'settings' for when he plays music, tv, films etc etc

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Go sonos one at a time.
Another vote for sonos.

A bloke I used to work with built his house and built sonos speakers into every room. He rates them very highly and said he linked all the speakers, lights and tv etc up together so he can have different 'settings' for when he plays music, tv, films etc etc

I have heard great things about them, but just dont think the missus will be laughing to much if ive spunked 1k on 'speakers'.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I have heard great things about them, but just dont think the missus will be laughing to much if ive spunked 1k on 'speakers'.
They sound great. They're always on. (I have a Bose soundlink mini as well and I think it sounds great, but its a pain in the ass when it goes to sleep).

The play 1 is a brilliant speaker.

Do it one speaker at a time, it really is an amazing setup. Not the cheapest, but its good.

The fact that you can just into the system as an when needed gives you options.

Not to mention the actual system itself with rooms and such like.

Do it slowly, do it properly.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
They sound great. They're always on. (I have a Bose soundlink mini as well and I think it sounds great, but its a pain in the ass when it goes to sleep).

The play 1 is a brilliant speaker.

Do it one speaker at a time, it really is an amazing setup. Not the cheapest, but its good.

The fact that you can just into the system as an when needed gives you options.

Not to mention the actual system itself with rooms and such like.

Do it slowly, do it properly.
Would a sonos be able to connect to a laptop or tv as well ?
Say i had it in my room, could my xbox go through it or would there be no point.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I did think of the sound bars. I dont think i would need to play from more than 1 to often.

What is it you'll be using them with?

I have a Panasonic surround sound and blu ray player hooked up to the tv.

Then I've got the Apple TV hooked up to the tv too so when I want to stream music/video it all comes through the surround.

I've got a Bluetooth adapter which sits on the iPod Dock cable I have wired into my car so I can stream music straight to my cars speakers. They also work with most iPod docks so you could do that as a cheap fix if you have enough iPod docks.

I understand that's useless for you wanting to hook up your TVs but it could be a cheap fix in between getting 'proper' speakers.