ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluray player - which one out of these 2

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Hi,

Been given the money for a Bluray player for a wedding gift and looking at getting it now. We have seen 2 that look good and are struggling to choose between them.

The choices are the Sony BDPS550 and the LG BD370. Both seem to have good ratings on Reevoo and the LG seems a bargain at around £150 where the Sony can be bought for £220. The LG has a USB input so you can play Div X files and also has Youtube. It also has true HD dolby. The Sony one has 24p true cinema, which I remember the gadget show telling you to look out for :eek: and has a better remote with back light! (woo)

We currently have a LG 32" LCD tv, but it will be going soon as it does not have any HDMI inputs, although its HD ready! The next TV will be bigger and full 1080p we want to make sure that we make the right choices this time as the TV we have now cost the best part of a grand and is basically obsolete!

Has anyone got either of these and able to recommend them or add their opinion to help me choose between them!

LY 200
Imo, i'd go for the Sony.

That's just because im a bit of a Sony fan boy tbh :S.

My set up basically is all Sony, the LCD, PS3, etc.

Clio 200 Raider
Hi,

Been given the money for a Bluray player for a wedding gift and looking at getting it now. We have seen 2 that look good and are struggling to choose between them.

The choices are the Sony BDPS550 and the LG BD370. Both seem to have good ratings on Reevoo and the LG seems a bargain at around £150 where the Sony can be bought for £220. The LG has a USB input so you can play Div X files and also has Youtube. It also has true HD dolby. The Sony one has 24p true cinema, which I remember the gadget show telling you to look out for :eek: and has a better remote with back light! (woo)

We currently have a LG 32" LCD tv, but it will be going soon as it does not have any HDMI inputs, although its HD ready! The next TV will be bigger and full 1080p we want to make sure that we make the right choices this time as the TV we have now cost the best part of a grand and is basically obsolete!

Has anyone got either of these and able to recommend them or add their opinion to help me choose between them!

definately the sony you havent even mentioned the mkv support for the LG which is all i would buy it for.
Go for the sony will produce better pics aswell.

SQ5
Sony all the way, has a very quick load time on it, unsure what the LG is but even some high end (Loewe, Pioneer) players I've installed can take 5-10 minutes to load content!

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Mmmm. I think I am moving towards the LG one for £140 and using the difference between that and the Sony one to upgrade to Virgin + HD (which I am led to believe would only cost us an extra one off payment of £100 at the moment.) I do need to check the details though. If not I'll spend the extra and get the Sony, although on Reevoo the LG got 9.2/10 and the Sony 8.9/10.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
This one does sound good, although reviews state it is slow.

Can't say I've noticed any slowness with ours, but then I don't know what kind of speeds people expect! So it's either ok, or just not something that bothers me lol.

Megane
The new Sony is out the BDP-S360, 6 second boot up time, it is better than the 550 as it is newer