ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC CDA Cold Air Feed

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Ive had my CDA fitted on my 182 for a couple of weeks now, and it sounds top of the pops. However, its simply an open unit at the front as I have yet to put the cold air hose on it, so its just sitting there facing the grill where from what I can see, not that much air gets in. Anyhoo, earlier today I decided to start from scratch and clip the cold air hose onto the front of the kit and the other end of the hose onto the original cold air feed pipe coming from the lower right of the engine bay. However, there is absolutely no room at all to put it on. Im using the standard inlet crinkled bend, not the Hill Power job. Is this why I have no room for the hose? The CDA is pushed right up against the inside of the grill, with maybe an inch or so to spare. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fit this damn hose?? I dont want to start cutting away at the original bend either, as if I need to put the original airbox back on it slightly diffuses the idea.

Any pics would be great? I have received pics of the kit fitted, which are great, but they show the Hill Power bend, which like I said I dont have.

Thanks guys, and if no one can help, then remove the thanks from the start of this sentence ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I dont actually think it matters as the car is superb. But apparently power is increased with the air feed...

172, Tiguan

Well yes with the standard bend there is no room. Tom and myself both had to get the Hillpower bend purely so we could cut bits off to free up more space.

You will find that buying some cold air ducting from Demon Tweeks or Green Filters will give you a bit more flexibility as the standard ducting is a bit stiff to say the least and not that greater quality.

A pic.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1083155190__7.jpg

Was not told in detail but I heard that there is a new special fitment called the SP02 version which bypasses the previous prob on the BMC CDA. Anyone faced problems with the filter?

Hey,

just about to order one of these and my local shop recommended the 70-130 model rather than the sp08.

He said that with the sp08 its practically impossible to run the piping.

So what model does everyone here use?

172, Tiguan

The SP08 is specific to the 172/182. Mine, pictured above is the SP08, there is no problems at all.

Well there is if you use the standard crinkled pipe between the CDA and the throttle body, but this is the same with all CDAs. You probably will have to buy the Hillpower bend.

I would recomend budgeting for this when you think about the BMC CDA. It is approx £45.

I also have a SP08 on my 172 and after some frustrating attempts I finally figuired it out.

Air feed has to be in place of the old one, thats between the headlight and the radiator.

I managed to get the pipe throught the original hole and bent it in the driving direction so speed forces the air into the filter.

You need to shorten the feed pipe and bent it than mount it on cda filter and only then mount the filter to the intake hose which is too f**king long

good luck