ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC CDA Filter

Has anybody installed a BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox filter on a Clio Cup 182? I am planning to add one to mine and wonder if there is a noticeable difference in performance and sound? Also , has anybody installed Remus mufflers over the stock ones ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Bmc is rubbish without a decent feed.

Remus dont do a 182 exhaust afaik

Where I live in Australia, Remus do a really wicked 2 pipe set-up for the clio .. .Ive seen it an its pretty damned nice .. go to Remus site as they show it there. What do you mean by a decent feed? Tom ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i mean a direct source of cold air.

you already have a problem is there such thing as cold air in aus?

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 27 May 2005
i mean a direct source of cold air.you already have a problem is there such thing as cold air in aus?

pmsl.

/y0z

You are right Tom .. Its pretty damned nice down here,, but I have a friend with an m3 adn he installed a cold-air set up for it and he reckons it made a pretty big difference. In summer its like 35++ every day so gains will be less.

Tom, (or others) can you recommend a well regarded chip tuner ? I think with BMC and mufflers, a chip makes good sence ,,, problem is which one ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Conventional chipping makes little difference (so some have found)

The best bets are piggy back ecus like the PerfectPower SMT6/7 and the Dastek unichip.

Thanks for the info Tom ... the Clio Cup is a rare breed in Australia and I intend to make mine even rarer... I used to have a 205 GTI series 2, but I got pissed off over the crappiness of the current 206s and their poor performances (including GTI180), its taken me ten years, literally to find a successor ... the clio cup is clearly it ! Ill keep you informed of my progress. Cheers, Adam.