ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC CDA Induction Kit

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172
Hey guys i recently bought a bmc induction kit from here! However on the induction box itself it states not for highway use! Just wondered why is this! I'm now contemplating just getting an itg panel filter and doing away with the bmc kit!

Probably because of how noisy it is! Some aftermarket exhausts come with a small notice stating not for highway use but it doesn't generally bother people.

Range Rover Sport
It's getting more and more common aftermarket parts have a sticker stating not for road use.

I think it's because then they do not have to comply with certain regulations.

Nothing to worry about, you'll be fine fitting it.

Clio Trophy
i had BMC on my megane for 6 years, no problems, these days tho i just stick with uprated panel filters

02 Iceberg 172
My 172 had a BMC CDA on it when I bought it but it always felt like it fell into a huge torque hole at lower revs - a right pain in the arse for city traffic. I decided to try a standard airbox/panel filter and the change was very noticeable - felt like it had a LOT more torque and was much more drivable around town. Sold the BMC on and stayed with the standard airbox.

Have since been to a dyno day where there was a few of us with 172's - a couple with standard airboxs and one with a BMC CDA - and you could see on the graphs how the torque curve of the 172s with the standard airboxs on compared to the one with a BMC on it. Torque curve was more linear on the ones with the standard airbox, while the BMC one showed a big dip in the torque curve at lower revs before rising up. IIRC the 172 with the BMC on made about 0.2 more kilowatts than my 172 with the standard airbox. Small sample I know :) but that pretty much sealed it for me - same power but better torque. Standard airbox/panel filter > BMC CDA ;)

02 Iceberg 172
I doubt that tbh - there are better setups for high speed racing as it were. Just look at what the Clio Cup guys ran.

Looks good in the engine bay, sound is a little bit better than a standard airbox/panel filter - just doesn't lend itself to bottom end torque IME...