ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bmc Cda

182, Golf
Hi guys

I have a 172 on a 53 plate.

Could someone tell me the exact model number and additional parts I will need to get a BMC CDA fitted to my car. I'm getting confused there seems to be lots of different models and bits missing.

Thanks

Alex

R26
i had one on my old 52 plate 172 everything i needed was in the box
easy to fit aswell

Attachments

• clio 001 (Medium).jpg
    clio 001 (Medium).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 152
  182, Golf
Whats with the red Hill Power bend? do I need that or is it just nicer to look at instead of the one supplied

CTR--VX220D
No you dont need it but you might need to cut the OE on down in size [I did]

Plus you will find it tight to get a CAF in the end without it shortened.

I even had the Hillpower bend cut down!

182, Golf
ohh I see. No aircon. That makes sense, still going to try and make it work tonight.

Pics up later

CTR--VX220D
Yep - if you have a search through my blog I have some entries regarding rerouting the CAF, also as Mark said I have had the aircon removed completely with no pump, and cup alternator and bracket installed.

There is no other way of routing such a large diameter CAF other than that I have.

182, Golf
Right Im having a go at this tonight. I have bought a pipercross CAF and I'm going to remove the Valve thing that every1 keeps going on about and feed the pipe through to the front of the grille. I'm also going to cut the OE bend off the engine to give me more room. Exciting I will post pics when done.

You can fit that diameter pipe down past the headlamp even on xenon lamped cars, but don't take it right to the grill as you may get some water ingress and then loss of power will be the least of your worries!!

CTR--VX220D
Not with the same diameter tubing as I have got.

I had it from Yozzasport - its meant for brake ducting.

If so then you must have relocated the battery to the rear and removed the fuse box, then relocated all the loom etc, from behind and around the headlamp.

I spent a long time trying to route it down there - but its not going to happen without the above mods.

It can be done easily with normal CAF/tubing.

CTR--VX220D
PLus will break the Xenons over time!!!!

Im perfectly happy about the way I have routed it at the mo - but will change it if I relocate the battery!

172, Tiguan
The specific CDA is sp008 from memory and the ducting is available from Green Filters. Brings back memories, had this setup 3 years ago! :D

CTR--VX220D
Oh right, they must have supplied a smaller diameter one, If you look on the intake of my CDA the ducting slips over the intake ridge easily - where yours is slotted inside the intake hole.

Good choice in I/K though ;)

Pipe is same size mate, I choose to put a slilicone sleeve over the caf as it looks better than the caf being jubilee clipped to the bmc!