ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC CDA....

CLIO 172 CUP....
at the moment im iv got a (itg panel filter) fitted to my 172...but can any body tell me if it worth geting (BMC CDA) induction kit are like on these 172 or am i best just sticking with the (itg panel filter).....

also engine is standed at the moment.

thanks guys....

Zetec YO!!!!!
Im running an ITG panel filter with 428's and its more than enough although im tempted to try out the JMS V6 induction setup.

But the choice is yours :approve:.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I got the BMC CDA since august and don't regret it at all! doesn't seem to ruin the car and loose power like many say (might actually gain something) and the noise always puts a smile on my face :D
mind you I had an ITG panel before but always wanted that insane growl ...

CLIO 172 CUP....
yeah just looking for sounds really as i no these induction dont give any gian in power wish..so fitting one of these is not gonna lose me any bhp cause if so id ruther not get one....

inferno 182cup
i have the bmc too and its a mint noise especially at 5.5k kick. ( no noticable power gains tbh) also i got a straight through pipe to the throttle body and no dirty ass oil breather goin in to it :)

id say it's worth it man

inferno 182cup
I thought BMC kits were more restrictive than the standard airbox

with the standard air pipe between cda and throttle body and with the cold air feed attached to the cda it did'nt feel as good but with a bit of messin arround i think its there now

Noise wise you could save up and get a decent exhaust system or remove the acoustic valve that is ment to add a bit of noise. I would stick with the set up you have as induction kits are more restrictive.

Or get the JMS v6 Airbox set up.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
Hated my BMC, noise was good without the CAF, but it bogged the car down.

Stick with your ITG and save your pennies!

CLIO 172 CUP....
js_182..yeah removed the accoutic valve months months ago..lol..dont think it made any diffence...

mr.valer...yeah i dont mine sticking with the itg as i think it works really well. just looking for abit of sound...

jms induction kit how much are they.....

js_182..yeah removed the accoutic valve months months ago..lol..dont think it made any diffence...

mr.valer...yeah i dont mine sticking with the itg as i think it works really well. just looking for abit of sound...

jms induction kit how much are they.....

I think they are about £170 am on my mobile so can't do a link for you, take a look in JMS engine works in their own thread there is a pic in that. Also may be worth saving for that package looks like they got some good gains.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
back when I bought the milltek I thought that alone would give a nice sound, but soon after i wanted a bit more, and now the car sounds about the way I wanted too.. maybe I'll bin the center silencer at some point. Got rid of the CAF yesterday; it sounds better obviously and no power loss I could tell.
I was thinkin' it will draw some hot air without the CAF but after a 50 mile journey popped the hood right after I stopped and the airbox was basically frozen (-3 degrees outside though). Looks loke even without the CAF there is plenty of cold air in that area. will repeat the test in spring and summer.
So, to give an advice: if you have a short caf or no caf at all, keep your filter clean I don't think the BMC will kill performance and, if you like the sound of it:

and have the spare cash I'd say go for it! or a used maxogen as an alternative ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio Sport Ph2
Here's the sound of mine with BMC CDA (in this vid I had a CAF, but I have removed it).

Last edited by a moderator:

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
nice exhaust you have there, just the way I'd like mine to sound ;)

350z, Subaru Legacy
with the standard air pipe between cda and throttle body and with the cold air feed attached to the cda it did'nt feel as good but with a bit of messin arround i think its there now

So how have you set up your hosing? I've been fiddling about with mine recently I have an ITG panel and a simota aeroform - been trying out noise vs power etc...

After a silcone elbow pipe if anyone has? :D

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
get one without a breather pipe, it's a lot cheaper. then make your own oil catch tank (easy to do) and run the BMC either with a short CAF behind the headlight or without one (just make sure the airbox is as close to the grille as possible in this case)

inferno 182cup
So how have you set up your hosing? I've been fiddling about with mine recently I have an ITG panel and a simota aeroform - been trying out noise vs power etc...

After a silcone elbow pipe if anyone has? :D

0e3a37aae0.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

with out the caf attached and an apmespheric type oil breather