ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMS Shifter

Ross_clio172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Does anyone know if the BMS shifter uses the Clio shifter hosing as I’ve bought a BMS shifter but has no housing

Attachments

• 9152CCBF-A184-43C5-8CA3-A98512B47932.png
    9152CCBF-A184-43C5-8CA3-A98512B47932.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 62

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Does anyone know if the BMS shifter uses the Clio shifter hosing as I’ve bought a BMS shifter but has no housing
You could put it in a clio housing. It will fit technically but it wouldn’t be any good.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Due to the leverage being different and the BMS being modified and extended

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
If put in a Clio housing would drop the bottom connection point by about 1-2 inches, and as the BMS is already extended down over the OE scenic, it would massively clash with the exhaust, its quite close anyway when in the Scenic surround.
You want to be sure its a scenic frame, as (I suspect) a normal mk1 megane surround will be similar if not identical to the Clio.
You really need to see the frame to be sure, once uncovered its clear.
In this picture the scenic bar is the clio frame on left, and viceversa on right.

Attachments

• ScenicLinkageFrame.jpg
    ScenicLinkageFrame.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 59

Ross_clio172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
If put in a Clio housing would drop the bottom connection point by about 1-2 inches, and as the BMS is already extended down over the OE scenic, it would massively clash with the exhaust, its quite close anyway when in the Scenic surround.
You want to be sure its a scenic frame, as (I suspect) a normal mk1 megane surround will be similar if not identical to the Clio.
You really need to see the frame to be sure, once uncovered its clear.
In this picture the scenic bar is the clio frame on left, and viceversa on right.
I have bought the mk2 Megane shifter as I put above hoping it will be ok it was only £25 so not the end of the world if it doesn’t fit, the guy who sold it to me said the Clio housing is fine and he has run it like that for years but I feel he might be lying