ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW 318ci

Going round the M25 yesterday had one stuck to my @rse from about 80, thrashed it in 4th upto about 6500 revs, could not lose him one bit got to about 115 but had to slow due to traffic, at this stage he was in the middle lane trying to undertake me !!! What happened, I thought BMWs are slow boats but if we had the road I think he would have got past me !!!!

Well I thought it was a 318 as I when I came off I deliberately had a look as I couldnt quite believe it, hope it was my eyesight then !! Having my girlfriend sitting next to me never helps either !!

Didnt have time to look at pipes, just looked at what I thought was a 318ci badge on the back as I was going up the slip road, pretty sure it was one too, oh well never mind, I had to give up due to my girlfriend nearly crying cos I was going over a tonne and too much traffic !!!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

mike, are you sure you and I dont share the same girlfriend cos mine does the same. Ive had to promise her to drive slow...I modified the promise to be I promise to drive slow when she is in the car with me.

Girls are all like that until they are driving!!!!!

My bird dont like roundabouts!!!!

until she hits them in her old mini, i swear one day that things gonna pop off those rails!!!!

Shorty_mk1

The E46 318ci is a 140bhp 2.0 motor. Its about the same performance-wise as a 2.0 Laguna/other rep-box.

I had a comedy situation a few months ago where both an E40 323i (a 170bhp 2.5) convertible and an E46 320i (170bhp 2.2) convertible were trying to race me off a sliproad and onto a deserted motorway. It looked like BMW car corporation were out to get me! Fortunately, they hadnt sent out the right cars for the job...

The E46 got absolutely obliterated by both of us and I passed the E40 in very comfortably 4th without breaking a sweat. No mean feat against a 2.5 litre car in 3rd and 4th.

If it really was a 318ci, then your Valver is seriously unwell! I would have said that the E46 325 and 328 are about standard 16v territory - but not a 330.

Gearing perhaps? The BMWs a slower car overall, but its probably geared to a higher top end, plus its fairly aerodynamic iirc..

Pretty sure mines not poorly, just must have been mistaken or am just a bit of a pussy when it comes to rincing my car, pretty sure I wouldnt get 120 out of fourth though ?? Maybe I changed up too early, anyway, if I was on my own with an empty road it may have been a different story but I was a bit sorry to not see him get smaller in my rear view !

No, dont think youd get 120 in 4th without a dicky speedo! Im sure you already know, but youve got to keep things between about 5-7000rpm to be making maximum progress in the Valver.