ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW E46 Compact 316ti

BMW 330ci
So I've had this for just short of a year now, I really love it. I know not that many people are that keen on compacts, but I'm enjoying this car a lot.

Done a few things, which people may not be all that keen on but:

Plastidipped the front grills, front lower bumper, and the rear bumper, fitted angel eyes.

8109994178_47f3923b72.jpg

image by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

8109994292_59fe17da85.jpg

8109994384_b6c815c05a.jpg

8109994230_2c6424c6d0.jpg

8109994332_6217a8e3bd.jpg

8109989225_b6f976a2ab.jpg

9822993926_c7b84fea09.jpg

DSC_0245 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr
9822955024_7f0cb5f226.jpg

DSC_0242 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr
9822955934_15b430ccc3.jpg

DSC_0228 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr
9822956944_d032b971c1.jpg

DSC_0215 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr
9822958304_efa46552b7.jpg

DSC_0212 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr
9822805403_1e77b2e457.jpg

DSC_1003 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr
9822750186_36544c598f.jpg

DSC_0042 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr
9822710764_28d1950398.jpg

DSC_0016 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

Comments/ Criticism

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
The plastidipping makes the car look a lot better than when you first got it. Any other plans for it?

I really like these. Very close to buying a 325ti a while back. Just wished they'd made a 330 compact.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I've had several e46s and an M3, I never tire of that m-sport interior, specially in the suede guise! Such a great place to be, even 10 years on!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Black wheels are chav tastic! Keep 'em how it is. I've always kind of liked this compact shape, just because its a bit ugly haha. Guy up the road has a baby diarrhea yellow one. Anyway, you've made some nice touches. If you enjoy it, thats the main thing! Interior looks lovely.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I really like these, would happily have a 325ti. Hired a compact at the ring this year and was a lot of fun round the track

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I kind of like these. The rear end very much so. Would it be difficult to swap to a standard E46 set of lights, I know you'd probably need front wings, bumper, bonnet etc. But I can't imagine the actual structure behind it is too different.

BMW 330ci
I've had several e46s and an M3, I never tire of that m-sport interior, specially in the suede guise! Such a great place to be, even 10 years on!

Yeah I must say I really do love the inside of this, especially with the Sat Nav. Like you say, its a great place to be.

Black wheels are chav tastic! Keep 'em how it is. I've always kind of liked this compact shape, just because its a bit ugly haha. Guy up the road has a baby diarrhea yellow one. Anyway, you've made some nice touches. If you enjoy it, thats the main thing! Interior looks lovely.

Yeah after giving it a clean today, I think I'm going to stick with silver. Was just curious as to what it would look like. The yellow sounds nice.....Thanks yeah I am really enjoying it ATM.

Stay silver.

Yeah I think I'm going to after cleaning it today.

Agreed.

These are seriously unpopular cars but TBH I quite like them. I 100% couldn't stomach a 316 though.

The shape has grew on me TBH. I really like it. Its not the fastest car, but I've only ever had a 1.2, and a 1.6 diesel, so for me it seems pretty nippy. But its obviously not. Would like to upgrade to a 3 series coupe at some point in the near future.

I really like these, would happily have a 325ti. Hired a compact at the ring this year and was a lot of fun round the track

Yeah a 325 would be nice in this TBH.

I kind of like these. The rear end very much so. Would it be difficult to swap to a standard E46 set of lights, I know you'd probably need front wings, bumper, bonnet etc. But I can't imagine the actual structure behind it is too different.

I think by adding the bits of black, its really improved the rear end, and I should imagine its possible if you really wanted to. Would imagine its a lot of effort. The front end has grew on me, after adding the black bit at the bottom, I think its tidied it up.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not a fan of the front bumper, looks like a rover, otherwise looks good.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Is it just me that thinks the car car looks like it has downs with those lights??
interior is nice tho.

Why did did you get this over a coupe?

BMW 330ci
So over the last two weeks had the following to do:
Tax
MOT
Full service
2 New rear tyres

What a terrible week lol. But it's all set for the winter now and is running great.

Thinking of new wheels maybe for next year, thoughts maybe get 18".

9e9avu4a.jpg

BMW 330ci
Got my steering wheel re trimmed for Xmas. Looks amazing. So pleased with it. The work is great. Had it thickened with perforated sides, top in new leather and m sport stitching.

Thinking of maybe getting alcantara gear gaitor and handbrake cover with m sport stitching to match??

Also want to get the wheels refurbed will get that done spring/ summer.

Anyway pics.

eqyzaza9.jpg

mymaju3u.jpg

nejavahu.jpg

7ezy8ede.jpg

Clio 197
Really nice compact , they often get overlooked in favour of the bigger engined e46s but yours looks very clean

Nice and tidy! I think it looked better with the plastidip stuff though. Wheels would be a good addition, but then again so would an M54.