ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Estoril Blue E46 320d Sport

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Its been a rough couple of days.

Firstly had a puncture on the front, after driving a bit enthusiastically trying to kill the Fullrun tyre on the front, ended up killing the Kuhmo! F*ck you fullrun, your days are numbered.

Then I open my boot to find this:
6d0c1719.jpg

Righttttttttt. Thanks BMW. Anyway that POS wouldn't go over my front brakes, so I had to put the rear on the front (which is wider than a front as they are staggered) and put the space saver on the rear.

f8dde418.jpg

fc5b7e82.jpg

stance!!! :dead:

I must say though, on the other hand, this has made exiting junctions when turning left MUCH FUN. I feel like I'm in an M3 sometimes!

a14d977a.jpg

heheh

Yesterday I ordered 2 Vredesteins to match the rear. £210 I didn't want to spend but oh well. At least I'll finally get the full run off!

Then the next day I got home, looked back at my car and saw this:

7bfeda8e.jpg

Bloody numberplate has fell off!!! Dave, this is your fault :eek:

Went to Halfords for a plate (£25 for a plain one?! - I took my chances and luckily the plate was at work this morning :)

7d18af5e.jpg

Now I fit in on E46DrugDealerfromBradfordZone!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
driving a bit enthusiastically trying to kill the Fullrun tyre on the front, ended up killing the Kuhmo!

F*ck you fullrun, your days are numbered.

lol, how is that thing still not buggered!!

Had 6mm on it when i bought the thing, on 103k, in Feb 2011!! Has done 21k and still not knackered :clown:

Bloody numberplate has fell off!!! Dave, this is your fault :eek:

I'm surprised it lasted that long tbh, i only used half the number plate stickys. Too tight to use a packet on either end :eek:

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
lol, how is that thing still not buggered!!

Had 6mm on it when i bought the thing, on 103k, in Feb 2011!! Has done 21k and still not knackered :clown:

No f*cking way! I measured it yesterday, and it STILL has 4-5mm across!!!

Sir_Dave said:
I'm surprised it lasted that long tbh, i only used half the number plate stickys. Too tight to use a packet on either end :eek:

You tight b*****d! ;)

Got it in on the dashboard for now, hellaflush style

Never above 25mpg
So that's what's under the black plastic cover in the boot? Bloody tight BMW couldn't stick another alloy in!?

Looks comical though! Shame about the numberplate!

172, Tiguan
Mine has those two warning lights on the dash at the minute but it's a faulty abs sensor causing it.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Ah right. Its only the tracktion control off. Mine looks like that most of the time..haha

Traction and Stability, if you press it once its just the traction, but it'll still keep you from going in hedges

Press and hold the button for a few seconds and the traction and handbreak light will illuminate yellow, turning both stability and traction off.

So that's what's under the black plastic cover in the boot? Bloody tight BMW couldn't stick another alloy in!?

Looks comical though! Shame about the numberplate!

I know! I full expected at least a full size steel wheel, my 18" alloy sat in there for a few days so there is space. Grrr.

Sorted now though.

Mine has those two warning lights on the dash at the minute but it's a faulty abs sensor causing it.

Ah, bad times hope it gets sorted mate.

I now have all 4 matching vredestein ultra tyres :) I'm off to Machine Mart in the morning for a Gunson Eezi bleed and the Clutch Delay Valve is coming out tomorrow or on one of my days off next week!! Looking forward to getting rid of the pesky CDV!

Dan

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Well, the tyres have transformed the handling of the car! I'm really happy with how well it handles now!

Did another job today, CDV say bye bye!

411ae0a5.jpg

a2e7ecb7.jpg

Boom!!! Feels more like a clutch now!

If you're thinking of doing it I would say do it! It's very easy to remove, and makes shifting gears/double clutching etc feel much smoother.

Unfortunately it's still nothing like you'd get on a cable throttle clutch, but it is much better for an enthusiast.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Clutch delay valve. Its supposed to smooth out clutch operation, but in the real world its just annoying.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
What's this CDV malarky mate?

Clutch delay valve. Its supposed to smooth out clutch operation, but in the real world its just annoying.

Pretty much as Tom said, it provides smoother shifting for spacktards who can't drive a manual. Once removed it's just like any hydraulic clutch.

The CDV can (and does) cause slip at high RPMs, since the clutch is used for a longer period of time when changing gear.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've looked into it. Sounds good but you have to bleed the clutch after don't you?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Yeah you do, tbh I did mine after and there wasn't even one proper air bubble.

I'm not saying dont bleed it, but plenty on the forums haven't bled it after and have been fine/

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Pretty much as Tom said, it provides smoother shifting for spacktards who can't drive a manual. Once removed it's just like any hydraulic clutch.

On the flipside, it also ensures that the clutch is released in exactly the same way each & everytime - prolonging its lifespan massively.

I only ever found it irritating in 1st really, took quite a bit of concentration to remove the 'jerkiness'.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
On the flipside, it also ensures that the clutch is released in exactly the same way each & everytime - prolonging its lifespan massively.

I only ever found it irritating in 1st really, took quite a bit of concentration to remove the 'jerkiness'.

I've only ever read about it wearing out the clutch faster.

Cars a lot nicer to drive with it out anyway, that 1st to 2nd jerk was horrible

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Oh, this car is now officially the car I've owned the longest out of the few I've had.

Still don't want to get rid, yet!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, they're a great motor. Some kunt round here has bought an Estoril 330d and I keep seeing it, mega annoying!

Haha i bet. I wouldnt mind a 330d facelift coupe but they're silly money really for the age etc.

I'll stick the 330 out over summer i think. I want some sportlines on it still though.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Well I spent around 20-25 hours working on the car this weekend, every day I was laid out in the cold.

The rear wheel bearing is the most awkard DIY I've ever done. THat said I reckon I could do it again in 3 hours, a mixture of not having the right tools/experience made the task very time consuming.

I didn't take as many pics as I hoped as I was pretty vexxed all day but here are a few

bbca8581.jpg

71037f01.jpg

72484bbb.jpg

e723c6af.jpg

Went out for my first trip to my grandparents (3 miles)

Wasn't taking any chances

8990f8da.jpg

Got there and had a bit of a rumble on what I thought wasthe bearing :( I needed to be in York last night however which is around 40 miles away. I began to drive towards York, but the rumble just got worse and worse. I pulled in at a mates house and found, to my delight, I had just forgot to tighten the wheel bolts! Phew. Close call. Got them tightened up and the car is now purrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect :)

Didn't do bad on the MPG going up there either :) (Sticking at 60mph due to being a bit scared my wheel would fall off!)
4345f328.jpg

Then this weekend I've just ordered a genuine oil and air filter for a service next weekend. Also cleaned the s**t out of the car

Tried the meguires tyre gel on my trims and well, it works!!

461490_10150934848942597_538702596_12314115_210241245_o.jpg

and tonight I've done a bit of a dirty trick

Having previously had problems with my number plate falling off, and noticing that it was about to do the same I knew I either had to:

a) screw it in (which I think looks ugly)
or
b) get some number plate holders

It took me a while to find these plate holders, especially at a good price. I was tempted by the awesomegti ones but was put off by the "tacky" white border and smaller writing.

I got these for £11.99 delivered from creation motorsport

85a4ca9f.jpg

Damn the car looks sexy without a front plate!!
4ddf6b5e.jpg

fitted
f2dd45d7.jpg

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Now For Sale, will be on Pistonheads at the weekend.

If anyone's interested before it does Pm me

Still looking for a tidy 182

Dan

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
How much will you putting it up for? I did try and PM you but your inbox is full.