ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW M2 - questions!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
When expecting the feel of excitement, but you feel nervous and apprehensive - trust those feelings.

Had you pushed against those feelings, you'd be sat looking out at it with buyers remorse today I am sure.

Don't be like Matthew.
Made me giggle that. And yes your very right with what you say, although I know that no matter what I buy I will begrudge the spend for a while.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Is there any kind of Gap type insurance you can buy to cover the difference between an insurance payout and what you'd have in it?

Hi.

Just to let you know that we offer a 12 month product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.

Please feel free to take a look if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-18 at 11.45.44.jpeg

You could buy my car and have loads of money left over for tax and fuel for at least 4-5 years with your budget tbh

It's also got a proper engine!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
@Touring_Rob just catching up with this thread.

M2's get me harder than solving a rubix cube with no arms. BUT. You 100% made the right call there.

As someone has said before, BMW repairs can add up ridiculously quickly. On my mere 140, I have a split headlight lense. No idea how but the crack is creeping. BMW have asked for trouser removal before a total (un-lubed) experience costing nearly £900. That excludes ballasts and any facy computering. Mine arent even adaptive ffs.

These higher valued cars honestly get written off quite easily. Plenty of insurers recently have just gone 'Write Off' with their Ban Hammer over the most marginal things because its easier than shoving it into a repairer and then paying courtesy car prices. Just look at @Waitey 's courtesy car situation with his Alpina. Insanity. Combine that with the 'rubber dingy rapids bruv' TC off button and its a recipe for Copart to make a fortune.

Go with your gut. I bought my 140 off two chaps in London selling cars out of their house. Looking back, it was quite sketchy. But they were sound blokes. Everything checked out and its turned out to be a great car. My gut told me Yes the whole time even without rose tinted glasses.

P.S - Race you for the next M2 thats decently priced ;)