ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bob

Diary Entry #1 31/12/11

Everything to Date…

Ok, so currently I’m an “R” driver in Craigavon, Northern Ireland. I passed my test on August 28[SUP]th[/SUP] and have been buzzin’ since I passed, 3 minors, all for speed… 1 for speeding, 1 for too quick coming up to a roundabout and another for too slow... :D
But anyway, the car… Bob. Bob, a Clio Mk2 Ph2 03 3dr Dynamique 1.2 16v, had 55k on the clock when I bought her; and by comparison to all the other Clios I had looked at, was completely mint! £1750 later she was an “L” plate car in April 2011.

NEW BIT: “Bob” Black Dynamique Clio (2003, 3dr, 1.2 16v, 55k miles, w/electric sunroof, air con)

There were a few flaws, but for her age I was dead happy! :) Dents on both doors, one on the roof, blemish on the bonnet, 4 outrageously kerbed wheels and a horrible 5% limo tint on the rear windows. Plus there was the absence of floor mats, cleanliness (was pure piggin’) and polish.
Anyway, the first thing I did was change the wheels, my uncle gave me a £400 Halfrauds.. I mean Halfords voucher the day I bought it. So I made the best of it and bough these 17” gunmetal wheels for £375 w/ tyres included.

NEW BIT: Ripspeed 17” Alloys Gunmetal Finish
(Temp)

car1.jpg

Then I painted the callipers and drums grey so the rust would disappear. Keep in mind this was all just to make the thing look “OK”, not good. I had no intention on keeping the callipers and drums grey. ;)

NEW MOD: Grey Callipers & Drums (Temp)

Next thing was floor mats, had some tailored by a local guy. Was really happy with these. Black with white outline. :)

NEW BIT: Black w/ White Floormats

Then I bought a wee connect2 iPod adapter and fitted that through the dash up into the tray so the iPod could sit there. Was a rip off for £50.

NEW BIT: Connects2 iPod Adapter (Temp)
IMAG0079.jpg
I was then entirely focused on learning how to actually drive the thing so I gave it a rest until I passed my test. October came and I got a part time job and then could actually spend money on the car! :D First thing was to think of a scheme to modify it to. Looked around on ClioSport and found a few black clios which looked great, N!CKRs clio really inspired me so I settled for that scheme. Think it was mid November came were I had finally amounted a bit of cash and decided to splash out on a new sound system. Found a new pioneer head unit which had a screen and everything and 17cm component speakers to fit in the doors.

REMOVED BIT: Connects2 iPod Adapter

NEW BIT: Pioneer HeadUnit MVH-8200BT
IMAG0076.jpg

NEW BIT: Alpine SPG-17CS 280W
IMAG0087.jpg

Then after I had that fitted I noticed the rear speakers vibrating like s**t in the rear of the car. I quickly changed those to new 13cm Alpine Coaxial ones which now sound a lot better.

NEW BIT: Alpine SXE-1325S 200W

IMAG0089.jpg

My old wheels were BK Racing BK152s they were 15” and I decided to refurb them and have them done white for the car. So I got them bead blasted and picked ‘em back up like this.
Currently they’re being filled, primed and painted white :) Did a photoshop of them white, should look good I reckon.
IMAG0044.jpg

NEW MOD: White BK Racing Wheels

white bk521.png
Christmas came and dad bought me the adapter for the stalk controls to work again. Fitted those and volia’, full sound system except sub! :D
Saw a lot of dash conversions and stuff so I bought a lot of LEDs with the intention of changing over the full dash to white with little hints of blue LEDs where there are selectors i.e. climate control selection lights and the screens. The head unit can change it’s LEDs colours so happy days, it’ll all match when that’s done.

NEW MOD: Dash LED Conversion

IMAG0085.jpg
IMAG0084.jpg
IMAG0077.jpg

Basically takes me up until now, I have plans to do a lot and have most of the bits but not the time. Have the paint, primer and all the stuff to colour code the side strips black and to do the wing mirrors, wheels, bullets, new aerial and badges all white. Bullets will have black 16v on them.
Just bought a set of wind deflectors and the next things are a set of 60mm lowering springs, mudflaps (I live in a really mucky area and actually need them :/ ), clio sport grill and a new set of plates which are the slim show plates.

IMAG0088.jpg

To Do
Colour code strips black
Colour code wing mirrors, badges, bullets, aerial and wheels white.
Give the thing a good TCUT and polish.
Remove dents from the doors
LED conversion
Get ready for MOT :/
Fit roof handle

To Buy
Mudflaps
80% tint front
60% tint rear
Either FK 60mm Lowering or Sportlines 60mm… Would appreciate help on this one.
Clio Sport Grill
Time... tehehe

Thanks for reading, hope you've enjoyed :)

Last edited:
Glad you've seen sense and changed the Ripspeed Wheels. Interesting to see what new ones will look like.

Nice little write up so far though.

However have made a few changes to your to buy list. You'll thank me in the long run ;)

To Buy
Mudflaps - NO
80% tint front - NO
60% tint rear - NO
Either FK 60mm Lowering or Sportlines 60mm… Would appreciate help on this one.
Clio Sport Grill
Time... tehehe

Yeah My uncle bought me the wheels so I wasn't going to say no thanks lol. Will keep them for a summer set or something. To be honest I don't actually think they look bad, sure there's better out there but then again I did get them for free lol. :) Cheers

Are the mudflaps really that bad? lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I like them BK racing wheels in the original picture, the bronze/goldy colour.

Diary Entry #2 31/12/11
Small Update...

Just bought some new stuff :) Will post an update with everything fitted soon!

NEW BITS
x 4 Silvervisons Indicator Bulbs
x4 Good Bright LED 501 bulbs w/ 1 year warranty
Clio Sport Grill

Thinking about the springs also, will probably buy on Thursday when I get my pay :D
If anyone has any advice on which springs to get please say :)

Last edited:
Why was the connects2 s**t?
Never said it was bad but to be honest the head unit was all greasy and covered in fanta orange from the last owner. Plus the CD skipped constantly so I felt a new head unit was needed. I would still use the connects2, but I haven't tried it in the pioneer yet, doubt it would work; plus the pioneer one has iPod support, only downside is that the cable has to run out the front USB and can't be hidden in the dash anymore. :( Would recommend a connects2 if you have limited media access good piece of kit overall. :)

TT QS
Never said it was bad but to be honest the head unit was all greasy and covered in fanta orange from the last owner. Plus the CD skipped constantly so I felt a new head unit was needed. I would still use the connects2, but I haven't tried it in the pioneer yet, doubt it would work; plus the pioneer one has iPod support, only downside is that the cable has to run out the front USB and can't be hidden in the dash anymore. :( Would recommend a connects2 if you have limited media access good piece of kit overall. :)

liking all that youve said apart from tints it should look good apart from them, itll look like a van being black. BUT your car your choice mate.
where did you get the connects2 from? sounds perfect for me

Got my connects2 off ebay for 50 quid, will sell it to you for 30 if youre interested? Great piece of kit :)

And yeah I know the mudflaps arn't loved here, nor are the tints so ill give them a miss :p

Suspension upgrade may be coming shortly too :D

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Welcome, another NI member.

No tints or mudflaps, they will make it look like a van and ugly (respectively).

Plans look good, not sure on the alloys but will see when you post up the update.

Come along to the next meet?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Not sure, it was just me and Tigger who went to the Portrush Air Show last year in September. Hopefully it'll be at least 3 this time lol. Always good to see more faces. I've got some springs to be ordered tomorrow and have a set of OZ alloys possibly bought for this weekend.

When are you getting more pics up?

Well I will definitely be there :) may try and convince a few other clio owners to join cliosport :D

Oh great, are you getting 16" alloys? What colour? :)

What springs are they? Seriously considering fk coileys right now :D

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Good job. Don't worry about how the car looks cause tbh mine looks like a bag of sh*te and will continue to look that way until I get some bits sprayed and re-sprayed!

15" white and maybe a 50mm / 40mm drop on springs. Will measure the rough amount of space I have when I buy / fit the alloys.

Did you look at Raceland coilovers? They are about ~180 quid iirc on eBay. Few people posted on here about them.

Yeah looked all about for em but at the moment I can get the fks for 200, so I think I shall get in on that offer lol

Sounds like good plans, do you have a progress thread? I love wee projects like clios :D

Yeah tell me about it, my doors will probably need resprayed he I ever get their dents removed :p

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Yeah should be someplace in the projects thread 'Poverty Spec Clio' is the title I think.

FKs for 200 is good, should get them if you can. Get them setup and ready to rock for the meet ;).

You spraying any bits and pieces yourself? Seen the box of cans there.

Yeah should be someplace in the projects thread 'Poverty Spec Clio' is the title I think.

FKs for 200 is good, should get them if you can. Get them setup and ready to rock for the meet ;).

You spraying any bits and pieces yourself? Seen the box of cans there.

I'll have a look for it here. :) good name by the way, made me chuckle!

Yeah ill be grabbing them if all goes well, then get her decked for the meet lol.

Yeah... A lot of bits, just don't have the time to do it :/ Side strips will be colour coded black, and the badges, wheels, wing mirrors, bullets and aerial will be white. Hopefully will look well :D you done much painting yourself?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
You any good at painting / spraying? I haven't the b*lls to do it myself haha. I need the whole passenger side of my car done because it's got lacquer peel the whole way up. Got quoted ~250 for the whole thing to be sanded, primed and sprayed. So gotta save for that.

Gotta see if Tigger will correct my headlights, else I'll have to drive to Omagh and buy a few supplies to attempt it lol.

You any good at painting / spraying? I haven't the b*lls to do it myself haha. I need the whole passenger side of my car done because it's got lacquer peel the whole way up. Got quoted ~250 for the whole thing to be sanded, primed and sprayed. So gotta save for that.

Gotta see if Tigger will correct my headlights, else I'll have to drive to Omagh and buy a few supplies to attempt it lol.

Im ok, did a bit of it for technology in school back in the GCSE days and have helped out doing similar stuff before Guess im alright at it lol.

Woah how did you lose the whole side? TCut time? Lol ;D

Yeah my headlights need a good sand down and TCut. Can't wait for this new sport grill to come with the new bulbs, its like a second christmas for me! :D

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Ack it's a long story, basically got weak battery acid thrown up the side of it. So that is my last thing to get sorted as it's gonna be ~250 quid.

Well get a few pics up and try to get a few things put on before the meet :rasp: I'll hopefully have these new alloys on, lowered and mudflaps off!

TT QS
ill have to give it a miss for now mate gotta get my cup spoiler painted. i like the wheels i think theyre something abit different without being some thing really poo like

Diary Entry #3 3/1/12
Big Update!

Just bought some kicka** coilovers for a great price so im buzzing about that! :D

NEW BIT
FK Highsport Coilovers 40mm to 70mm+

So yeah, I've gone a bit mad the past few days, she should look so good when all this stuff is put on her. Dead happy and poor now but happy at least! Lol

Being shipped tomorrow and then will be put on for the end of the month hopefully :) rest of the stuff should be coming this week at some stage :)

Update

Diary Entry #4 7/1/12
Picture Update

Ok, have some random pictures of the car dirty. But the new grill, LED bulbs and wind deflector are fitted.

Here we go.

IMAG0091.jpg
One of the LED SMD in-car bulbs

IMAG0093.jpg
LEDs in the sidelights

IMAG0097.jpg
Sport Grille

IMAG0098.jpg
Heko Wind Deflectors

IMAG0096.jpg
Bob on 7/1/12

IMAG0103.jpg
Safety First! :)

IMAG0100.jpg
One of the 6.5" Alpine type G woofers, covers go over them fully :)

IMAG0105.jpg
Some smaller 13cm Type E Coaxials in the rear

FK Coileys and x4 Silvervisions will be here on Monday and Tuesday respectively. Fit those, then colour code and replace the wheels. Then that'll be it looking tidy :)

Thanks for reading! :D

Last edited: