ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Body kit vs lowering... or both?!

Hi guys,

I have a mk1 Clio which I love driving, but am fairly new to modding.

I like the idea of adding a body kit to give her a facelift, but notice there's a lot of people here who prefer to lower their suspension.

What are the advantages / disadvantages of both mods? Please try to be objective and leave personal preference out.

Does one have to choose one or the other, or is it possible to add a body kit and lower? Presumedly then the body kit would keep scrapeing along the floor?! As a guide, I'm looking at 16" 6J alloys. Thanks.

Gabriel Knight

RenaultSport 172.
bodykits on mk1s dont look superb. theyre best just dropped on their arse....:) and sbutle mods added...

Clio MK 4
ye i wouldnt bother with body kit. nice wheels and lowered would be nicer imo. What body kit were you looking at?

Clio 172 mk2
Neither

Bodykit will make the car look poop and lowering will probably ruin any handling the car has

LY V6 with Recaros
Bodykits look poo. It will make the car look chavvy and harder to sell. Just lower it, keeps it more subtle then and will actually improve the handling instead of just weighing the car down like a bodykit!

renault clio
Bodykit would be good if you had a Nova!!!! Concentrate on Wheels if anything and slightly lower/uprated suspension. To be honest though i would leave it a lone!

1.8 8v RSi
from someone who likes body kits...
lower it first about 40mm max....then slap a body kit on....but bear ing mind if you lowering it and put a bodykit on make sure u buy coilovers as suspension as springs just wont hack it with a body kit as they are usually lower than standard items...which kit were u thinkin of?

1.8 8v RSi
oh and also if you like...you could just buy the 16v bodkit which has wider arches, bumpers and then get some Clio RSi side skirts. you could put black mesh in the front bumper and take out the center part. ask Rage as i think he has simaler in his front bumper(cant remember if it is him or not) also could buy a williams spoiler to