ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet alignment help needed.

I have just had my Clio 172 mk2 repaired (front and back) and was looking at the bonnet of the car and wasnt sure if the garage had lined the bonnet up correctly with the front grill. The issue i have is the bonnet over hangs the front grill and i wasnt sure if it was supposed to be like this are not? The picture isnt very good but gives you an idea of what I mean. Has anybody any ideas?
0400792099_001P.jpg

Ph1
You might need to play about screwing and unscrewing the rubber stops which sit either side above the headlights when the bonnets open.

Cheers for the reply Andyman but i will take it back to the garage if anything needs adjusting. I just want to know if the bonnet should over hang or they have not done it correctly and it needs fixing by them.
0400792235_001P.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
undo the 4 bolts on the hinges near the windscreen (2 either side) should be 13 mils. while the bonnets upright, pull it downwards towards the scuttle panel and retighten them, tht should pull it back a bit. alternativly, undo the screws on the grille and pull that forward and retighten.

So does every 1 elses bonnets over hang the front grill or does it line up? I dont want to go back to the garage and complain and they turn around and say thats how it should be.

Ph1
Dosent look too bad from those pics but if your unsure take a trip to your local Tesco's and find a Clio to compere it against.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've just replaced my bulbs and noticed my bonnet alignment out of place.
It is sitting up a lot more on the passenger side when the bonnet is popped open;

DSCF0041.jpg

VERY confused :S it was fine yesterday and the car hasn't been anywhere

"Navy" N17 TWO
Tigger said:
I've just replaced my bulbs and noticed my bonnet alignment out of place.
It is sitting up a lot more on the passenger side when the bonnet is popped open;

DSCF0041.jpg

VERY confused :S it was fine yesterday and the car hasn't been anywhere

:bump: