ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Alignment

S2000
If the bonnet is a bit squint so that it sits lower on one side than the other is it fairly simple to sort it so that it sits level? I'm picking up the valver tomorrow but the bonnet is a little uneven so i just wanted to check.

Thanks.

think there are rubber bungs underside of bonnet and they literally screw in out to raise height either side...........iirc

S2000
good stuff lads, thanks for the help. The bonnet on the car was a bit squint but I was pretty sure you could adjust it easily. I'll have to sort the door as well though because it's got a little surface rust on it where the bonnet had been hitting it, and I don't think my bodywork skills are going to be top notch ;)

Punto/Clio GTT
oo just realised you got a mk 1 mate, thought you had a mk 2, ya know, i aint looked if theyve got the bungs on the mk 1's cause they open backwards aint it. hmm ill have a look

Punto/Clio GTT
i dont think there is adjustment mate. i think the only way you can take that end of the bonnet up is to take the catch up a bit. 2 10 mil bolts i think, just undo them slightly, tap the catch up, retighten, that should bring the bonnet up.

S2000
mmmm, I got the car now but I don't know how/if the bonnet can be sorted. I was starting to think the chasis was possibly bent or something as there were a few things that didn't seem right along with the bonnet, but now I'm starting to think it's OK again as I've found reasons for the other things 1 by 1. Here is a side on pic of the bonnet:

PDR_0071.gif

Any ideas? I was told by the guy I bought it off that he had a "wee crash" a while ago and it was fixed under insurance, but he didn't go back to complain about the bonnet being a bit off because he hadn't declared all his mods and didn't want it to be declared void. I think that where the bonnet mounts has been pushed back a little as if it was about 0.5 cm forward I think it would all be OK. Is there any way of checking this or any way to sort it? I'll try and get the bonnet and bumper off to have a good look at things asap but I won't have time to do that for at least another couple of weeks.

Any ideas?

renault clio 1.9d
i wrk as a panel beater it looks like it has add a front end smash an add a new front panel welded on with the hindge not alligne properley if it was welded on lower the bonnet wud sit lower... hope it helps..