ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet cable snapped

My bonnet wont pop open, the release has gone all loose. Has anyone else had this problem? Just took it to a local garage and they have no idea how to open the bonnet other than cut through the bonnet itself and buy a new one. Surely this is not right?

Its a Mk1 172.

Cheers for any help.

Da

Less
true, but ow do you remove the bumper if unable to gain access to engine bay ;) personally i would say get it up on ramps then look up the front of the engine from underneath and see if you can reach the remains of the release cable and give it a good yank?

Thanks for the replies.

They did remove the bumper and had it on the ramp and took as much as they could out but still couldnt get anywhere near it. They did say that they would give it a real go if i wanted them too, but it didnt sound too promising.