ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Dent

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Driving along the MWay on Friday something flew of another car and landed on my bonnet.

Put quote a bit dent in it and scratched the paintwork.

What is the best way yo get this repaired? Small independant body shop place?

Any idea how much roughly - dent is quite deep and about 6" long.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
I'll stick some up soon - I dont have my computer in my flat yet and cant get my digi camera to plug in at work.

How much roughly am I looking at for a new bonnet from a Scrappy? Its a black Y Reg 2001 clio.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
My bonnet needs resprayed though.

Actually thinking about selling the car - you think it would be better to fix and sell as fixed or just dented?

why not get a carbon bonnet?

Agreed. Cost about £350, looks a lot better, lighter, stronger etc.

The problem with standard clio bonnets on the mk2 ph1 and 2 is that they dent really easily if their closed incorrectly (pushing down on them), or even if something like an acorn hits it at speed.

With carbon fibre you wont have any problems whatsoever with them denting, however they are more likely to warp.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
why not get a carbon bonnet?

Agreed. Cost about £350, looks a lot better, lighter, stronger etc.

The problem with standard clio bonnets on the mk2 ph1 and 2 is that they dent really easily if their closed incorrectly (pushing down on them), or even if something like an acorn hits it at speed.

With carbon fibre you wont have any problems whatsoever with them denting, however they are more likely to warp.

Cheers for the advice but my car is pretty standard and money is tight so id prefer to keep it cheap and fairly standard.