ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet hood locks

renault clio 172
As said before my bonnet flew up abd smashed my screen yestersay so i been think of fitting bonnet latch locks but i dont plan taking the car on track or modifying it in that way would latch locks be off putting to buyers of a standardish looking car

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Unless you have a fibre glass bonnet, there's really no point. Bonnet catches are only designed to keep the fibreglass bonnet from bending from the wind force. Fitting these to a metal bonnet is like bolting a padlock to the doors next to the key lock. Looks pointless.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Unless you have a fibre glass bonnet, there's really no point. Bonnet catches are only designed to keep the fibreglass bonnet from bending from the wind force. Fitting these to a metal bonnet is like bolting a padlock to the doors next to the key lock. Looks pointless.

Unless like mine your bonnet catch is fucked. Mine doesn't open when you pull the lever, someone has to pull on the bonnet at the same time, bloody annoying.

So either catches or pins will be fitted before it goes back on the road

Clio 2.0 16v 182
It's easier and cheaper to fit a new bonnet. Safer too. Not sure if bonnet catches on metal bonnet would pass an MOT. You have to understand these catches are designed for very light bonnets (ie carbon, fibreglass)