ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Recall??

Clio RN & Honda blade
Hi All,

I have had my clio since september now, it's a ph2 172 model and i've seen alot about a bonnet recall on the forum...

I do remember seeing something about it on Watchdog, but can anyone tell me how i can find out if mines been done as the seller didn't mention it when i bought it??

Mike

M2 Competition
The renault garage will lift bonnet and spray gt85 or similar on the catch...

id do the same yourself this weekend mate.

Clio RN & Honda blade
Is it worth taking it to Renault & asking them then or sha'll i just give it a squirt of GT85?

Cheers for the replies btw...

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
just take it down renault, they will look ur car up on the system, it shall have a yellow ots outstanding on it, they will replace ur bonnet catch for free as its a recall

Clio RN & Honda blade
Ahh that's awesome!

The one on there at the moment is like a spring, with a **** load of thick grease on it!

Will pop into Renault Ipswich tomorow.

Cheers!

and the new catch is modified

New catch isnt modified its the same, i worked at Ipswich Renault! just give them a ring, they will change it for you with any sign of rust, and all i can say is just make sure you keep the new one lubricated to prevent it rusting!!

I was the poor git that had to book these in when the batch of letters was released :p

Clio RN & Honda blade
Not good, i can imagine that was a bit hectic!

When i saw the topic come up on watchdog a while ago it was said that renault claimed this was down to the owners of the vehicles not maintaining the bonnet catch, they've obviously changed their minds if their now doing them free!

1.2 16V MKII
i heard about the recall an sprayed wd40 on my own myself mate as mine wasnt catching right an works a treat now, just helps remove surface rust on the lever and catch.

monaco blue 172
Got mine done at canon park renault in middlesbrough last week,had a little bit of rust on it and they cleaned it up and put a s**t load of grease on it and sent me on my way!!:dapprove:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
New catch isnt modified its the same, i worked at Ipswich Renault! just give them a ring, they will change it for you with any sign of rust, and all i can say is just make sure you keep the new one lubricated to prevent it rusting!!

I was the poor git that had to book these in when the batch of letters was released :p

Yep it is the same, mine's nice and shiney now though :)

Clio RN & Honda blade
Tell them it popped up, they'll change it.

Only problem is i don't know if it's been done or not, so i could say it came up for them to turn round & say it's been changed so it couldn't have...

Any way i can tell if it's been done as some say the new one is the same and some say it's different?

M

mini-valver

Yeah, ring your dealer and ask if your car has an outstanding recall. If it has, new bonnet catch!