ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bonnet release

clio
Hi all.
Bog standard 52 1.5 Diesel

been lurking and picking up tips for a while now but now i really need your help.
I pulled my bonnet catch tonight and it felt stiff, then went loose and guess what......i can't open the bonnet !!!
I'm guessing somethings snapped or sheared, obviously i'm going to have to get it fixed but HOW do i open the bonnet now?. I need to get water into my w/screen washers quite desperately.

Thx in advance all

Get to Renault..they sent out letters to get the bonnet latched checked as they have faults..might get it sorted for nothing.

clio
Quick update
A mate of a mate whou works for a main dealer is coming around on Saturday to see what he can do, like you guys he says it's a common problem.
I'll keep you posted.

www.renparts.co.uk
as above they should sort it out for you as its a common fault that the dealers have admitted to, otherwise bumper off job.
cheers
Joshy

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
hey guys i know this is a late replay but. I thought this was only free for PH1 172s. My Ph2 is sticking. If it affected these too let me know, i'll be straight the stealers

thanks

clio
Ok, now fixed.
It was a rusted release mechanism and catch, the mechanic 'bounced' the bonnet open and replaced the parts. It was a paid job because apart from the rust the release was working correctly.
Thanks for all your replies.