ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Booked in for a test drive in a 200!

Ly Megane 230 F1
After looking around for the next car after the clio (hopefully in the next month or 2)..
ive decided i want to keep it in the renault family so ive been eyeing up either:

clio 200..full fat with the cup pack ( only getting one if its in alien green :) )
megane f1.. either Liquid yellow,black or red
clio 197 f1.. either Liquid yellow or racing blue

So i phoned up my local renault dealer to see what the have available etc and theyve booked me in for a test drive in a racing blue 200 cup :).

Just though id share this since im excited :D

Nissan 350z
Just remember that the 200 and 197 are different beasts so you need to arrange drives in both if you are looking at both. And avoid the usual 1*2 owner generalisation of "it doesnt feel fast" because it actually is, you just dont notice it as much due to having a decent quality cabin.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
"it doesnt feel fast" because it actually is, you just dont notice it as much due to having a decent quality cabin.

The cabin is terrible - its still made out of plastic that looks & feels like an elephant's ar5e.

So you think about all the fun you are having & the excellent mpg from your small french hot hatch.

Then you realise its doing less per gallon than your M3 and its no where near as fun as your 182.

So you sell it.

Evo 5 RS
the 200s are great but to say they have a decent quality cabin is laughable lol, depends what you're comparing it to.

For instance mechano

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
the 200s are great but to say they have a decent quality cabin is laughable lol, depends what you're comparing it to.

For instance mechano

I'm sure Sargara was comparing the 200 interior to the 172/182 interior. And yes, there is a massive gulf in quality. But the 200 is still a small cheap French hot hatch and the quality isnt 100%.

Nissan 350z
Well considering i started the scentence with "And avoid the usual 1*2 owner generalisation" as Noodie pointed out im obviously talking about the 200 cabin compared with the 1*2 cabin which is "decent quality" in comparison

Clio RS200 + cup
Just remember that the 200 and 197 are different beasts so you need to arrange drives in both if you are looking at both. And avoid the usual 1*2 owner generalisation of "it doesnt feel fast" because it actually is, you just dont notice it as much due to having a decent quality cabin.

Sargara whats the diff between the 197/200? sorry to sound a bit green, just bought a 200 and was curious?