ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Booked my ARDS

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Its p*ss easy, all of it. Unless your a complete tool when it comes to driving youll be fine

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
As Lee said unless you can't drive at all its pretty simple..

Amg A class, M3 CSL
I think the only way you can fail is if you don't pass the medical or spin when driving. Easy day unless you had a load of drugs at the weekend :laughing:

WRX
Nothing to worry about. You go through the DVD with the examiner and they almost give you the answers. It's all about safety so generally go with the safest answer where applicable. Then the driving is just showing that you can drive safely on track and aware of others. You don't even need to drive quickly....about 80% speedwise is fine. If you fail, you really shouldn't be racing.

WRX
You can do it anytime but can't get your licence until passed obviously. I did mine with MSV and did it there on the day at Oulton. But iirc had to book it in advance.

RB clio 182 FF
Its pretty easy as long as you watch/revise the DVD and have some common sense. I passed it when I was 18 and I'm 21 now.
IIRC the only hard bit in the paper test was some scenario style questions like if there was a mechanical fault with your car whilst on track what should you do or something on the lines of that, the answers are multiple choice and its the most obvious answer.

For the driving part the examiner takes you out for 3 laps and shows you what you need to do so listen to him and take note of his racing line and turn-in points.
After its your turn and you do around 5 laps, my instructor kept telling me to go faster and take more speed into the corners as he though i was just plodding around although my ARDS test was at Brands Hatch in the wet with all the assist on the car turned off, so if your like me and get abit twitchy with opposite lock around paddock hill bend you better correct it and don't spin!
All he is looking for is that you are a capable person behind the wheel so be confident and smooth with the controls, take the racing line through corners and always check your mirrors for cars that are wanting to overtake and let them overtake you on the straits and not in the corners.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Do I need a medical before or on the day?

I need to get a new application form, mine is from 2014!

Don't need the medical before the day.
As comments above they walk you through the Dvd and give you a few of the answers....are you doing at Oulton with MSVT?
The driving is easy he let me drive 3 laps giving me advice on how to go quicker he then said next time we go over the line he won't say anything and drive at 80% of my limit and they do 3 laps again. It's simple just be sensible.
More important what you thinking of racing in Tom?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You can do it anytime but can't get your licence until passed obviously. I did mine with MSV and did it there on the day at Oulton. But iirc had to book it in advance.

I did this at Oulton aswel and was cheaper than getting it done by my own GP, a fair bit cheaper!

Albi Blue 197
stupidly easy, just don't be such a billy that you spin in.

GPs have the ability to rob you on medicals.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers all. Passed no problem, full marks and the practical was a cinch. Don't know what I was worried about!

@@Josh a Clio, probably start off in cnc heads as it's more local for me. But having a Clio leaves doors open for tin tops, tricolore, msv trackday or team trophy etc.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Cheers all. Passed no problem, full marks and the practical was a cinch. Don't know what I was worried about!

@@Josh a Clio, probably start off in cnc heads as it's more local for me. But having a Clio leaves doors open for tin tops, tricolore, msv trackday or team trophy etc.
Probably see you in the CNC I have just sent off my registration for next year, I am joining that and tricolore too as the guys were great at my first race last weekend and may get a few other tracks!