ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boombastic Coilovers...

Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  S3, Polo
^ The V-Maxx coilover kit looks better than the other 2 budget kits below, IMO:
vmaxx172kit_1.jpg

I would say the next 2 kits are one and the same, though?

Raceland:
13012010076.jpg

K-Tec Racing (£351 from their site):
KTR_COILOVERS172.jpg

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Nissan 350z
The spring coils are identicle on the Ktec and Ebay ones.

The Vmax however appears to have different springs and different rears so yeah id say the Vmaxx is produced differently/seperately.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Have to say im pleasantly surprised with these after driving around on a mixture of roads this week.
Ride quality is pretty damn good considering what they are and the ride height, obviously the lower you go the less suspension travel you have, mine have settled now and i will be raising them up a inch or so as the front is too bloody low!.
Going to do the geo myself with the tried and tested string and grid method.
Here's a pic of mine after it came off the jacks, its settled another inch or so from this.
For those of you that want to go silly low there is another 50mm of thread left on the front and bear in mind the car has settled another 25mm from the pictures.
Rears are approx 5mm from lowest setting.

Cheers Pete.

DSCF0002-3.gif

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Nissan 350z
Thats good to know. Can these be adjusted to sit near average ride height as im only really after these coilovers to replace my suspected knackered shocks rather than getting coilovers for the sake of going low.

Would you say its a harder ride quality than OEM? Have bumps turned into crashes on the road surface?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Thats good to know. Can these be adjusted to sit near average ride height as im only really after these coilovers to replace my suspected knackered shocks rather than getting coilovers for the sake of going low.

Would you say its a harder ride quality than OEM? Have bumps turned into crashes on the road surface?

I would say you could easilly get nigh on stock ride height.
I actually think that the crashiness is better than my stock dampers but lets take into account mine had 94000 miles on the clock when they came off,the dampers i took off looked in very good external condition so they might have been replaced, who knows...
All i know is that ive had Tein,Koni & FK Konigsport Coilovers on previous cars and these seem no harsher than those, for the price they are unbelievable!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Ph 1 172
can you send me the link to where you bought these coilovers mate. and where they a straight fitment or did you have to do any fabrication?

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  172 cup
172 cup is the same fitment as normal 172. Its the cup packed 182 that is different to normal 182 fitment

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172 ph1
Just wonder can i still buy them or not. I have seen raceland coilovers for Non RS so i pretty sure that u wasn't talking about them. Am i right?