ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot game, everything on the 2nd monitor moves

F82 M4
Alright folks,

Here's my current setup -

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

At my old house the 2nd monitor was to the left, now as you can see it's on the right.

Before, whatever I put in my second monitor (vent, clock etc) always stayed visible in the monitor exactly where I left it. Now the monitor's on the right whenever I load CS everything moves across 25cm. I'm baffled as to why. How can changing the monitor from one side to the other cause this?

This is what happens -

Not on game -

photo4.jpg

On game -

photo3.jpg

I've checked all the ATI settings and even tried swapping over the DVI's on the outputs of the GPU. Any ideas? Much love x

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Yeah, same as mine that... Game resolution has to match the monitor standard res I believe.

F82 M4
I don't understand though how it works fine if the monitor is set to the left on Catalyst. :dapprove:

The only thing I can think to do is change the settings in Catalyst to state the monitor is still on the left. I'll just have to drag things over to the left to get it on the other monitor to the right lol :cool:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
One of the reasons why I ditched two ill-matched monitors on my PC at home. For a works PC, there are no issues, but some games just insist on running 'their way' - which is massively frustrating. Lazy devs again, imo. The older games are less likely to have this issue than the newer console ports with the mono-screen presentation.

D.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
As far as I know on mine (tried it last night on UT) if Monitor 1 and 2 are set (as they are) to 1440x990 and the game is set to anything different - it's screw up monitor #2.

If the game is sat as 1440x990 also - it's flawless. UT + Sopranos was an enjoyable hour :)

How do you play at watch TV at the same time? UT is usually fast paced, I wouldn't have a clue what was going on on the TV program.

F82 M4
I mainly play CS on the main monitor whilst streaming football in the other. When you die in CS you get a few mins to kick back 'till the next round you see. I'll just have to set it up as it was before, just doesn't make sense how moving the monitor from the left to the right has caused this.