ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot Grommets

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know a part number or where I can buy boot grommets as shown for my 182? Just bought the car and one's missing, not ideal when I don't have a garage!
image0.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You'll be able to get them from renault, but I'd just measure the hole size and buy a pair of universals on ebay and replace both sides. Seal them in with tiger seal as they're prone to leaking and youll be grand

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
You'll be able to get them from renault, but I'd just measure the hole size and buy a pair on ebay and replace both sides. Seal them in with tiger seal as they're prone to leaking and goull be grand
Sounds good to me, will I sound like a complete spacker calling them boot grommets or will they know what I mean?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'd advise against the standard grommets as they tend to leak. I replaced mine with nylon bolts so there is no chance of it ever leaking again

I did see that in your thread but I'm not a fan of how they look. I've not had any leaks on my Arctic with some sealant around the originals. I'll probably just buy a set before my car becomes a swimming pool this week with how the weather is looking.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I can't remember which thread I read yesterday but someone replaced them with Renault ones. Pretty sure they were something like £3.

I'll have a look and see if I can find it