ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pistachio's Racing Blue 182 Project Thread

Installed this today. Had to file it a lot to fit. Quite happy with how it turned out though

43376487215_c1fe82bb43_b.jpg

I don't use them. It distracts me more trying to use them than just pressing the buttons on the head unit, which are right by my left hand on the gear lever anyway and I can see them.

De-stickered the windows
30664374548_c6decd6c7f_b.jpg

44484294342_aae7772e57_b.jpg

30664376318_c9f0798d5a_b.jpg

30664377728_12e5284065_b.jpg

And fitted silver visions
44484297042_35a20b1189_b.jpg

The seatbelts have been brewing for a few weeks now in various cleaning products. A spray with the hose got them looking pretty decent. Not perfect but a lot better than the ones in the car just now. A pressure washer would definitely help a lot. I'll let them dry out and probably fit them next week
44484291762_ae582aecac_b.jpg

I've booked the car in next week to get all the minor dents in the doors and one in the roof sorted. There is damage on the drivers door from an egg that I don't know what to do about

It's funny sometimes how we are all different, i'd have f'ing loved to have had those original stickers in mine and you've ripped yours out!! I had to buy the Renault/Elf rear one but never got the sides lol!

Belts will be a big improvement, mine badly need doing! Literally the only thing that lets my car down now

Haven't really done much to the car other than clean it. I had to get a normal sized number plate after getting stopped for the 3/4 one. Replaced both of them with 'BS' stamped ones to keep me out of trouble. I don't really want to be attracting that kind of attention.

The front wiper was squeaking a bit so I fitted new ones all round, ready for winter.

32246402528_cd2a268100_b.jpg

The passenger door was kind of sticking when it was being opened. So I wiped some of this on the rubber seals which seems to have helped.
46067681282_b1c9075cbd_b.jpg

Next on the list of things to buy is a new number plate light, one side repeater which looks a bit cloudy and new carpets. But that will wait till after winter

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
What you do think of the Bosch wipers? I bought a set and they do not clean the windscreen well at all

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've used Bosch aeroblades for years and never had an issue with them. Just bought Halfords ones cos it's barely doing 1000 miles a year and whilst I've no idea if they're good yet or not they're damn ugly!

They work fine for me in terms of cleaning. But the old set and this new set squeak a little when they first start to move and I have no idea why. I've had bosch ones before and they didn't do it ?

Just to update what has been happening with the car, I was stupidly putting my wet work jacket and boots in the boot which obviously caused water to build up a bit and the carpet got a slightly damp and mouldy in one corner. So I've binned that because mould scares me. After having it in my old flat it can spread to everything so I'd rather it was just completely gone. New carpets are hopefully on the way soon and I won't be keeping anything wet in there. Oh and with the carpet and parcel shelf out it sounds awesome!

I'm also still looking for a straight 38.5 turini if anyone has one ??

I gave the car a quick wash today, then as I went to prepare the boot for the new carpet found this on both sides. So I'm not totally to blame for the dampness.

46635970971_172fa45f73_c.jpg

I've ordered some nylon nuts and bolts to replace the standard plug. So that should be that sorted ?

s-l500.jpg

See the black plug at the top right of the pic with the water lines running down from it? It is basically just rattling around in there and doesn't seal the hole. There is a rubber bung on the boot that I think is supposed to press on the plug when it is closed, but maybe due to age everything has shrunk a little. Seems to be a common problem

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
See the black plug at the top right of the pic with the water lines running down from it? It is basically just rattling around in there and doesn't seal the hole. There is a rubber bung on the boot that I think is supposed to press on the plug when it is closed, but maybe due to age everything has shrunk a little. Seems to be a common problem
Aaaah... when you know what you’re looking for it makes perfect sense!! Thanks ?

I dunno but it's never going to be as water tight as this. Plus they actually damage the paintwork by rattling around and trapping water under them, as you can see from the ring around the bolt

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Can you provide a link to the nylon washers?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Just to keep this thread up to date...

The handbrake cables were replaced for the MOT a few weeks ago. I finally got round to checking my injectors resistances tonight. I've been putting it off for ages. Passenger to driver: 14.5, 14.7, 14.8, 14.2. Happy with that! ?

I also changed the air and pollen filter a few weeks ago. I've got oil and filter waiting here for when I find the motivation. Spark plugs are on the cards when funds allow, but I need to get a ball joint replaced before that happens. I was quoted £150 for parts and labour ?

Oh and strangely there is something rattling inside the exhaust in between the cat and the centre silencer. MOT tester thought the cat had shat itself but it passed emissions fine ?

Nice easy job tonight. All you need is a screwdriver. Should take a couple of minutes. Nope, fucked it ?

One of the pins was corroded and stuck in the connector and snapped off when I disconnected it.

Where can I get a replacement connector?

QE9gSQm.jpg

Qz8UgVS.jpg

xvApHzx.jpg

On a positive note, the new one looks clean and pretty