ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot lid locked permanently?

clio 1.4 dynamique+
Hi i wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction:
The boot lid seems to be permanently locked now and doesn't unlock when I press the key fob (all the other doors do). i've taken all the plastic off in front of the lock on the inside of the boot but its not obvious what is wrong or what to do next?! Its going to an independant garage tomorow but they said theyve never had to deal with such a problem so just wondered if any of you guys/gals knew what to do?

Any help or advice much appreciated. rob

EDIT Sorry i think i may have put this in the wrong forum

Last edited:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I dont know anything about them but, as youve got the cover off, if youve got one of those cheap volt/amp meters, hook it onto the wires going into the lock to see if its getting electricity when you push the keyfob. I imagine there may be 2 wires or more so you may need to try a few combinations. From that i guess you could see if you need a new part.

It may need greasing possibly.

Have you been shunted recently and thats caused the problem.

clio 1.4 dynamique+
Hi thanks for the reply,
I haven't been shunted, as far as i know it just randomly decided not to unlock. I cant see any wires going to the unit unless they are hidden under some more plastic but i'll have another look. I just wondered if it was a common fault at all, its times like this i wish I had a Haynes manual to save myself some cash!
rob

open the boot and press the keyfob put ur ear right next to the boot and see if its making any nose as the thing that unlocks the boot could jsut be stuck message back

clio 1.4 dynamique+
I can't open the boot to do that, hence this thread! But no, usually you can hear from the outside the mechanism unlock the boot but now nothing is heard. Anyway thanks for all the replies, its booked in tomorrow morning at the garage.
rob

clio 1.4 dynamique+
Well cost me 100quid for a new locking mechanism and fitting as the old one had burnt out. Dunno how that happened. thanks

100quid ur kidding me ?
if its just the thing that push's the lock shut they cost about 3 pounds or free from scrap yard of any car should fit maybe need moddin but they will fit they do burn out if they get stuck