ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

boot light - adding additional boot light

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
i currently have the same boot light as this:
renault-clio-hatchback-1-2-16v-campus-sport-3dr-76408997-640x480.jpg

is it possible to put the same one on the other side? Obviously the plastic would have to be cut out....

i'm just wondering whether there is any wiring loom on the other side to support it, or will i have to wire it from the other side?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Id just replace the bulb with an SMD. Easier than faffing about with a light on the other side. Those bulbs are crap they put in. Lighting technology has changed so quickly over the past few years (everythings LED, SMD etc)

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You'll have to wire it from the other side - if you sign up to become a full member of the forum, there's a really good guide on how to do it in the guides section.

E46 320D Tourer!
Get a second fiting off eBay. Cut a hole and run a length of wire across bridging the new line onto the old one with some connectors. There is a guide in the 'guides' section that you can access if you sign up as a full member.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
ok, thanks guys. i'm actually wanting to become a full member soon, unfortunately no pennys left to do it for a little while yet. thanks for info tho!

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Id just replace the bulb with an SMD. Easier than faffing about with a light on the other side. Those bulbs are crap they put in. Lighting technology has changed so quickly over the past few years (everythings LED, SMD etc)
Yer i think im going to do this, only thing is i have a giant sub in the boot, so the light does'nt reach the other side, lol. a little annoying since the dials for the sub are on the right >_<