ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot tailgate removal! Disconnecting the loom! HELP!

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
Hi
Ive bought a replacement tailgate for my clio,
Managed to unattach everything apart from the wiring loom which is causing me a load of hassle.
Would i need to remove the headlining to get to the connector and unplug it? Is this hard to do?
Cheers
Lee

cordoba,panda 100 hp
easyest way if your changing the boot is to remove the boot pannel, disconnect everything and pull the loom out then re feed it back through when the new one is bolted on, top tip for feeding wires back through ( use a piece of mig wire or somthing like that and feed it through from one end to the other the tape your wires round and pull them through, believe me it makes life so much easyer)

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
Thanks for the tip :) Started on the job of taking the loom out of the replacement tailgate however can only remove so much. Everything is okay apart from the wire leading to the heated screen is fixed in position or appears to be? So does that mean ill have to cut the wire leading to the screen and resolder that into the old loom?
Cheers
Lee

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
managed to get it out.
didn't notice the two gromets on either side of the heated screen, disconnected those wires and it came out straight away :p