ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot wont unlock?

Renault Sport Clio 182
My boot will not unlock with the central locking, ive done a search and it seems it could be the boot solenoid.

I will get one on order first thing monday because i need access to the boot friday and over the weekend, but how easy is it to change? once i get the boot panal off and the boot open is it straightforwards? or is it hard?

any advice would be great thanks.

Focus ST170
Not that hard mate just have to undo three bolts inside the boot handle, then change over the solenoid by disconnecting the link cable to the boot release. Quite easy really. Although have you tried a bit of wd40 sprayed in the solenoid? mine packed up and this got it going again..

J

Renault Sport Clio 182
I might give it a go, but i didnt wanna get it open, and then it not lock again and have to wait a few days before i got a replacement solenoid, but if its easy enough i dont have to worry about doing it all

Clio Sport 182
I had a similar problem with my boot, i opened it manually from the back of the car through the passenger seats, turned out the solenoid was getting stuck and therefore wouldn't open for that reason, i would recommend testing all possible reasons before spending money, plug electrics into motor and see if the motor spins, if it does then you know its not an electrical or wiring fault. Then try putting parts back on and then pressing central locking to see if anything is happening with the mechanics, if you have no movement then you need to replace your solenoid, but if you do have movement, just keep playing with it, putting it back on and then try closing the boot and locking/unlocking with remote central locking, if it works happy days, if not you can just release catch again from inside the car. Always try playing around with it rather than spending money or getting ripped off at garages. Way I see it, you get to have fun fiddling about with stuff and you know that there is nothing worse that can happen.

Liam