ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BootLid Rattle With Subwoofer In - Solution?

Coiley'd Clio PH2
I have just installed myself an Alpine Subwoofer in my car, now it sounds great and makes such a difference to the SQ but i now have quite a few rattles in my car.
There are a few little rattles from the door cards etc which i have managed to sort out, now im trying to sort out the biggest rattle of all... the boot!
I have purchased myself some Flashing Tape as i have heard this works well for insulation. I cant actually pinpoint where the rattle is.
If i have the music up fairly loud and go and stand at the back of the car i can hear a really tinny rattle...

Any solutions, or anyone got the same rattle?

Thanks
Nick

XE'd Corsa
its quite often the numberplate, which is easy enough just keep adding numerplate tape or similer till it stops. if its not that use dynamat sound deadening for inside the boot this cures rattles and also prevents external road noise works really well.

Use some Second Skin Spectrum sray in the boot lid, it's much easier to apply thay sound proof sheeting in the boot lid and gets as good results.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'd go with the sound deadening - makes a good difference all round (killing rattles & reducing the loss of bass) :)

DSCF0071.jpg

Mustang, S13, AX GT
^Lol, Tigger can make sure no-one pinches it :lolup:

Sound deadening or rubber pads on the back of your number plate will go a long way to helping boot rattles aswell.

RB 182
^^ That is gourgous! Ye i get the same thing mate with an Alpine type S as well :S, on mine it's the so called spoiler that rattles and sounds like the boot, because i don't think the screws are tight enough just haven't been bothered to sort it out yet :quiet: