ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Booze

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
What booze is everyone taking this year?

Think I'm going to pick up a selection of craft beers for the first few hours, and then once pissed, just resort to a crate of hop house 13

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Heard a lot about this company and saw a few different types in Tesco last night. Is it a beer company or real ale or IPA?
It's a massive brewery based up in Scotland, that makes all sorts of beers.

The 'Punk IPA' being one of their most famous! They've got plenty of 'Brew Dog' bars up and down the country that's serve their own beers, plus lots of local 'guest' craft beers.

I'm a bit of a fan... [emoji23]

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

RS Clio 220 Trophy
Alcohol Consumption

While we intend this event to primarily be a social gathering, please be aware that it is a condition of track regulations that no alcohol should be consumed on site while the track day is in operation.

No Driver OR PASSENGER shall be permitted on the track if they are suspected to have consumed alcohol and anyone seen doing so while wearing either a driver or passenger wristband will be asked to remove them and will no longer have access to the circuit.

We would kindly ask that people wait until after 5.00pm when the track closes before consuming any alcohol they have brought with them. We greatly appreciate your full co-operation with this.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah same rule every year mate. No beer while the track is open.
Couple of years ago me and @Typhoon were stood by my van literally counting down the seconds till 5pm as we were dying to crack open the beer ?

We can’t drink at all whilst people are on track? What if, like me, you have no intention of going out?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
We can’t drink at all whilst people are on track? What if, like me, you have no intention of going out?
It's gotta be an across the board rule mate unfortunately. Javelin are not gonna be happy at all if they see people wandering around the pits with beers on

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It's gotta be an across the board rule mate unfortunately. Javelin are not gonna be happy at all if they see people wandering around the pits with beers on
Yeah, I get it. Bloody annoying though, particularly as I won’t be taking my car on track. How far away is the nearest pub?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
If you are not going out on track as either a driver or passenger and you stay in the camping area then it’s not a problem guys, they just don’t want people walking around near the track with alcohol or going on the track having consumed any.

Just please use common sense really.

172 Turbo
Alcohol Consumption

While we intend this event to primarily be a social gathering, please be aware that it is a condition of track regulations that no alcohol should be consumed on site while the track day is in operation.

No Driver OR PASSENGER shall be permitted on the track if they are suspected to have consumed alcohol and anyone seen doing so while wearing either a driver or passenger wristband will be asked to remove them and will no longer have access to the circuit.

Never, noticed or considered that could be a rule, guy in our garage at Brands on an MSVT event was knocking back a pack of Stella the other evening.

And he came out as a passenger!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
@Sunglasses_Ron did I see on FB you were bringing your PD’s with you? As I have a keg of Bud I can bring for them? I’ll have to curb the alcohol after this weekend so it may go to waste otherwise...