ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bose System ?

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
With alot of the new manufacturers offering a "bose upgrade" as an optional (expensive) extra, I guess that they make the car stuff on demand, as I have never seen it for sale anywhere ?

Is this the case or you can you actually buy bose equipment (speakers, sub, amp) for any old car ?

Thanks in advance !

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
I only ask as I've just had some bose kit in the living room, and the sound is truly amazing, can't recall ever hearing anything anywhere near as good in car audio terms, but I guess they don't do them, shame !

Elise S1 B&C 140
There are Bose shops around - few and far between - There is one in Bicester not sure if it does car audio from there aswell tho.

255 V6 Black Gold
here you go

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/automotive-systems/automotive-systems/index.jsp

list of cars / models that come with bose

this would indicate you cant purchase the things seperatly.

"BOSE® sound systems are available in a variety of select new automobiles. Each BOSE® sound system is engineered specifically for the acoustics of each model and installed at the factory. Because of this, BOSE® sound systems cannot be retrofitted into existing vehicles."

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
bose is so over rated.

go into one of there shops and pick up there stuff, theres nothing in it. so so light.

Mk2 172
Bose is rubbish incar end of!!! the audi systems sound dire. The best sounding standard equipment incar for quality, separation and imaging is in the lexus. its a mark levinson system. however it doesnt sound as good as high end aftermarket stuff such as genesis, jl audio etc etc

Mk2 172
i had a bose lifestyle system in living room of my old house.

it was amazing.

No it wasnt!! not compared to proper home hifi or home cinema systems. People think loud just means good! Its over priced named crap. musically its dire!

RenaultSport 172.
BOSE....amazing.

everyone that disagrees obviously hasnt listened to a good system! :eek: ...theyre as clear as you like...my dad has one and never heard anything like it before!

Mk2 172
BOSE....amazing.

everyone that disagrees obviously hasnt listened to a good system! :eek: ...theyre as clear as you like...my dad has one and never heard anything like it before!

Are you in a coma!!!!????? Honestly now was that just joke?

Last edited:
  Mk2 172
BOSE....amazing.

Have you ever listened to high end home hifi? obviously not!!!

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
Never listen to my system (home or car) over loud, I prefer clarity and I am more than impressed with the Bose :)

Anyway, my question has been answered, thanks guys, no point arguing over personal preference now !

Mk2 172
Never listen to my system (home or car) over loud, I prefer clarity and I am more than impressed with the Bose :)

Anyway, my question has been answered, thanks guys, no point arguing over personal preference now !

Its got nothing to do with personal preference. Anyone that knows anything about sound and a highend system will tell you that bose is lifestyle equipment and not for the audiophile. Bose even admit that!!

RenaultSport 172.
Re: Bose System ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage#16v
BOSE....amazing.

Are you in a coma!!!!????? Honestly now was that just joke?
Last edited by Dan R : Today at 13:21.
user_online.gif

Dan RView Public ProfileSend a private message to Dan RFind More Posts by Dan RAdd Dan R to Your Buddy List
post_new.gif
Today, 13:19 #14 Dan R vbmenu_register("postmenu_3232290", true);
ClioSport Club Member

Car: Inferno 182 cup

Re: Bose System ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage#16v
BOSE....amazing.

Have you ever listened to high end home hifi? obviously not!!!

hmm. and what would you describe as a 'high quality system?'
IMO you cant beat bose or focal.....

Snap. no complaints over bose wse.

Mk2 172
hmm. and what would you describe as a 'high quality system?'
IMO you cant beat bose or focal.....

Snap. no complaints over bose wse.

Are you thinking of focals £200 speakers or the £100,000 grand utopias that i have listened to at there headquarters in france as the company that i work for are a dealer for there products!

Mk2 172
What you were meant to say i think is that the bose stuff is good enough for me. in the world of home hifi they dont even come into it!

RenaultSport 172.
Are you thinking of focals £200 speakers or the £100,000 grand utopias that i have listened to at there headquarters in france as the company that i work for are a dealer for there products!

im thinking of an affordable system that sounds amazing. Not something most people in the world wouldnt even think off. TBH, 1out of 20 billion people would maybe able to afford those and even if they could, i dount they would.

Mk2 172

im thinking of an affordable system that sounds amazing. Not something most people in the world wouldnt even think off. TBH, 1out of 20 billion people would maybe able to afford those and even if they could, i dount they would.

You never said that!! AFFORDABLE! for the money its not bad but you can still get better sound for comparable money

RenaultSport 172.
All Depends on what model you go or...
cant remember what my dad payed but i think it was circa the £1200 mark.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Grand utopia are £52799.00 so half what you said and if Fraiser (focal rep) was to hear you compairing focal to bose im sure he'd well chuffed lmao !!

RenaultSport 172.
if Fraiser (focal rep) was to hear you compairing focal to bose im sure he'd well chuffed lmao !!

i wasnt comparing, i was saying that out of all of the systems availiable, those 2 would be my first port of call.

Mk2 172
All Depends on what model you go or...
cant remember what my dad payed but i think it was circa the £1200 mark.

If your talking home cinema then kef eggs for instance sound miles better than the bose stuff. couple with a fairly basic yamaha or denon cinema amp and a cd player from the same brand too. Musically this will blow the bose stuff into next week!

Mk2 172
Grand utopia are £52799.00 so half what you said and if Fraiser (focal rep) was to hear you compairing focal to bose im sure he'd well chuffed lmao !!

Im not comparing then as there not comparable. i never compared them it was the other lad rage 16v

RenaultSport 172.
If your talking home cinema then kef eggs for instance sound miles better than the bose stuff. couple with a fairly basic yamaha or denon cinema amp and a cd player from the same brand too. Musically this will blow the bose stuff into next week!

Spose its personal preference tho too at the end of the day....what ever you prefere :)