ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

boss and wheel change

clio 172
I know people have posted about this before but couldn't find the answer. I have fitted my steering wheel with a boss kit and I have mucked it up basically. First question is a 3.3ohm resistor correct for turning off the air bag and service light? Also I have got my traction control light on and have seen it is to do with the angle sensor. now is they a way I can sort this or do I need to take it to Renault??

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
This is what's just happened to me. It either needs realigned and reconfigured or its broke.

A new rotary switch as Renault call it is around £115.

Not sure if a 2nd one will do the job.

clio 172
Did U manage to fix yours then can I not just put it back to where it should be and it will work again ??

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Not yet, will be attempting it this week.

Hopefully you can as I don't want to buy a new one.

clio 172
Haha same if it does need recalibrating fair enough. just hope I haven't broke it.

Not really sure what it is that I am messing about with to be honest though lol

clio 172
Noticed this morning seemed to self cancel at strange times not when I was fully straight. I will be having another look tonight as well.

clio 172
Cancelled at strange times not when I go straight again or seemed that way this morning anyway. I just don't know what I do to realign it again just spin the bit with wires going through??

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Mine no longer self cancel at all, think I have snapped something.

Not sure how true this is, will be trying it tonight. Copied from another thread.

"reset the steering sensor today by setting the yellow "0" mark to the center of the window (the yellow mark stays for 1 full turn so once the window goes from blue to yellow then go half a turn more and that is the zero point) has cancelled all the fault lights now so im happy."

clio 172
Where is the window and what do I turn to adjust though that's what I can't find lol I know it will be rite I front of me but do I have to take the cover off the top of the steering column??

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
You need to remove the steering wheel and boss. Make sure the wheels are straight on the car though.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Once the boss if off its the rotary switch you need to turn.

The inner circle on this bit. Only one bit turns so you will find it. You can also see the little window in the pic with the yellow colour in it. It also turns blue etc but apparently if you follow that post i mentioned above with regards to colour and how far to turn it that will reset the steering angle sensor. If it doesn't work after this I'm guessing its broke and needs replacing.

DSC02507.jpg

02 Clio 172
The window you're after is under a clear sticker at the top left of the angle sensor unit. Take the unit off by gently pulling it towards you and unplugging it at the back, turn the centre bit that goes round with the wheel until you see a yellow dot appears in the window. Also, whilst the sensor is off, look to the bottom right of the of the indicator/wiper unit, there is a thing with a white dot on it and 3 points on one side and a rounded part on the other. That has something to do with the indicator cancelling. I think if you get the centre point of the pointy side aiming at 10 O'clock you should have the indicator problem sorted. These are just things I know, they may help you fix it, I don't know. I know about this because my friend is having the same problem. We think his sensor needs re calibrating and we've been quoted £40. Hope this helps.

clio 172
Thanks for all the help mine was out about 2 turns woops. Put that down to the police distracting me as they thought i was stealing my own car lol. I have put it to the correct point now and the light stays off alot longer now but does come on eventually. So going to guess that mine isn't broken but does need re calibrating. Indicators now click off when they should and can't really put my fingure on what seems to trigger the light to come on now but using the indicators seems to bring it on strange. Is that £40 from Renault to calibrate it??

02 Clio 172
Renault said they'd do it for £50 inc vat, but a local guy we found said he could do it for £40. I'm going to watch him and see how it's done. Apparently you have to do a sh*t load of wheel turning whilst it's plugged into the clip. I shall report back. Lol

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Fixed mine.

Mine was broke completely. Light would stay off but as soon as you turned the wheel the traction light came on.

Got a spare one out of a 172 with traction control, fitted that and it's fine now. No light at all and traction works again as it should.

clio 172
How much did it cost for the replacement ???

I will hold out until you report back then if it can be fixed for free :D haha. Surprised nobody on here has sussed this before as it is a fairly common problem.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
It was Erm free lol.

I had mine on Clip last weekend, it wouldn't give me the option to reconfigure it. It just showed me the ridiculous angle it thought the steering was at.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
It was Erm free lol.

I had mine on Clip last weekend, it wouldn't give me the option to reconfigure it. It just showed me the ridiculous angle it thought the steering was at.

I havnt given you the bill for it :rasp:

clio 172
Any more free ones lol ?? Was driving for half hour and didn't come on then got back in it abit later indicated right and came straight on bloody French electrics