ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought 182!

cDc

182 Arctic Blue
Hi All

posted last week about viewing a 172 and today i put down my deposit on a blue 182 picking it up early next week!!

Had arranged a test drive today on a 2003 172 and last night i spotted what i thought was a cup at another dealer, so phoned this morning to enquire, turned out it was a FF 182 in cup colour. Drove the 172, very impressed but alloys were badly scuffed and all 4 conti tyres needing replacing, price was favourable though and other than the wheels it was mint.

Said i would give an answer after comparing to the 182 (up for £2k more). Anyway to cut a long story short, i found the 182 the better car, only done 8k miles, unmarked, made a better noise than the 172 and i found it sharper and better response. the extra 12k miles the 172 had done did show. I had both cars for an hour. drove both back to back so had plenty of time in them. Both were rapid but the 182 did seem more eager. (is the redline higher in a 182?)

I have waited patiently for a long time to get a car like this so CANT WAIT TO PICK HER UP :) :) :) :) :)

2 quick questions..

1) is there an easy way to tell if its had the cup suspension option ?
2) there is no front splitter (may answer question 1???) can these be fitted easily and purchased from a dealer?

cheers!

Maz

LY 200
Splitters are £130 from dealers, if the car is meant to have both cup packs I would tell them you want one on the car :)

Suspension pack is noticable at first with dark wheels (not silver)

Leon Cupra 300
firstly well done mate youll love it...

1) if its got the cup suspension it should have the dark anth coloured alloys on it.

2) it wont have the cup spoiler pack, yes they fairly easy to fit, get them from a dealer although about 130 quid.! can get carbon ones from ktec for 105 though that look mint.

Lotus Exige, Fiat X1/9
cDc said:
Hi All

posted last week about viewing a 172 and today i put down my deposit on a blue 182 picking it up early next week!!

Had arranged a test drive today on a 2003 172 and last night i spotted what i thought was a cup at another dealer, so phoned this morning to enquire, turned out it was a FF 182 in cup colour. Drove the 172, very impressed but alloys were badly scuffed and all 4 conti tyres needing replacing, price was favourable though and other than the wheels it was mint.

Said i would give an answer after comparing to the 182 (up for £2k more). Anyway to cut a long story short, i found the 182 the better car, only done 8k miles, unmarked, made a better noise than the 172 and i found it sharper and better response. the extra 12k miles the 172 had done did show. I had both cars for an hour. drove both back to back so had plenty of time in them. Both were rapid but the 182 did seem more eager. (is the redline higher in a 182?)

I have waited patiently for a long time to get a car like this so CANT WAIT TO PICK HER UP :) :) :) :) :)

2 quick questions..

1) is there an easy way to tell if its had the cup suspension option ?
2) there is no front splitter (may answer question 1???) can these be fitted easily and purchased from a dealer?

cheers!

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly does full fat mean?

cDc

182 Arctic Blue
nice one, it does have the dark wheels

it wasnt a renault dealer so ill get on to the renault garage once its in my hands.

RB182cup&golf gti
full fat refers to the standard 182 (alcantara, xenons, climate), ie not the 182cup which is the cheaper lighter model with less toys

cDc

182 Arctic Blue
full fat - i think it means a version with all the goodies like climate control / cd changer / abs - whereas the "cup" version doesnt have those things thus is lighter and also due to lighter wheels etc

Lotus Exige, Fiat X1/9
hoe261 said:
full fat refers to the standard 182 (alcantara, xenons, climate), ie not the 182cup which is the cheaper lighter model with less toys

Excellent, thankyou.........always wondered!

Leon Cupra 300
yeah as maz said. if has the dark wheels and therefore the cup suspension pack it could well have the spoiler pack but the front splitter might be missing. has it got a little or big spoiler on the back? then you'd know if missing or not

So the wheels are now lighter on a 182 cup than a FF182 with the packs?????

So sorry forgot the paint!!!!!!

same friggin wheels. The 182 cup is a mere 20 KG's lighter. FFS my full laptop bag weighs more.

blaze said:
So the wheels are now lighter on a 182 cup than a FF182 with the packs?????

So sorry forgot the paint!!!!!!

same friggin wheels. The 182 cup is a mere 20 KG's lighter. FFS my full laptop bag weighs more.
If the car has the dark wheels its got Cup packs (assuming they havn't been swoped as some were)
If it has the lighter coloured wheels it isn't Cup packed.

cDc

182 Arctic Blue
regardless of version they are all essentially the same GREAT car. What i found interesting was the noise difference compared to the 172 not just the exhaust note (which was great) but the noise from the gearbox and engine under power was very very nice starting with different pitched whines and building to a roar LOVE IT :D