ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought a Clio, advice needed

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
I won this Clio on eBay, going to collect tonight.

It will be my first car, got it quite cheap I would say for an '05 plate,

its got a big ugly backbox on it tbf, but I will want to do a few bits on it myself, change that etc

anyway, as its my first car, when i see it my eyes will just light up as its a car, But does anybody/can anybody advise me please on what common faults with clios are, and what I Should be looking out for on the car?

heres the ad:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300879967064?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

thanks all :star:

Re: Brought a Clio, advice needed

I won this Clio on eBay, going to collect tonight.

It will be my first car, got it quite cheap I would say for an '05 plate,

its got a big ugly backbox on it tbf, but I will want to do a few bits on it myself, change that etc

anyway, as its my first car, when i see it my eyes will just light up as its a car, But does anybody/can anybody advise me please on what common faults with clios are, and what I Should be looking out for on the car?

heres the ad:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300879967064?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

thanks all :star:

Where did you bring it from?

and the Ad lied to you, it isn't a sport look alike....

main things are belts etc, check to see when they were last done, and then usual car stuff (wear and tear)

'14 Auris Hybrid ST

scrapyard :p

yeah i know its nothing like a sport look a like haha,

I've asked about brakes, pads, and cambelt and hes got receipts for them done recently,
I will try and make it more of a sport lookalike :)

'14 Auris Hybrid ST

yeah not keen on the bright white wheels myself, check the condition of them when i see them, sell them and get some 172 wheels on there ;)

i like your car spinsky!

scrapyard :p

yeah i know its nothing like a sport look a like haha,

I've asked about brakes, pads, and cambelt and hes got receipts for them done recently,
I will try and make it more of a sport lookalike :)

My advice would be to do something different mate, there are plenty of people on here to give you advice and help along the way but the sport rep thing gets way over done imo

yeah not keen on the bright white wheels myself, check the condition of them when i see them, sell them and get some 172 wheels on there
smiley2.gif

i like your car spinsky!

doesnt look entirely like my profile pic yet but will do by end of next week ;)

'14 Auris Hybrid ST

yeah i dont want full kit, i might leave it tbh till i can get the 172

its lowered so that's enough, change of wheels and do a few things, no point breaking the bank 1st car i suppose,

is there a modification/customisation thread anywhere? to see what parts are available?

yeah i dont want full kit, i might leave it tbh till i can get the 172

its lowered so that's enough, change of wheels and do a few things, no point breaking the bank 1st car i suppose,

is there a modification/customisation thread anywhere? to see what parts are available?

There are a couple of threads available mate :)

this is the main one for non-sports that people have modded

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...re&p=9424589&highlight=non+sports#post9424589

and if you see someones car you like you should be able to find their project thread for ideas by searching their name or clicking on there name and seeing threads started by them :)

Clio RS200
I wouldn't do anything else to it. Looks good the way it is. Just enjoy it for what it is. We've all spent hard earned cash on our first cars and then usually smashed them up lol.
Looks up DanMan thread on his non sport. He pretty much got it spot on. I'll see if I can find a link for you

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
yeah cheers bud, ive already seen sprayed grille which looks nicer than the original dull one, do you think i would see the difference though on a black car?

cheers mate

i feel welcome now :cheers:

yeah cheers bud, ive already seen sprayed grille which looks nicer than the original dull one, do you think i would see the difference though on a black car?

cheers mate

i feel welcome now :cheers:

as r&skxa says Danman has a nice clio

and the RS grille is the way forward tbh mate, like most people have got on theirs it makes a huge difference to the front end :)

and you should feel welcome dude, there are alot of decent and helpful people on here mate, one of the reasons it is worth upgrading your membership tbh

yeah as soon as i've got my car will be upgrading :)

want my clio sport sticker!

what mods do you have spinksy?

Too many to list lol but basic summary (off top of my head) is:

RS interior
172 rear bumper
Tinted windows
16" Cades Eros Gold (wheels)
Coilovers (low at front, rear adjusters out)
Stud conversion
GT50 polarised extended nuts
Bonnet Bra
RS grille
Cat-back stainless steel exhaust (twin exit)
Fli twin trap active sub (2 x 1200w subs with amp)
uprated speakers and head unit

soon to have (by the end of next week):

angel eye headlights
Smoothed phase 3 bumper (same as yours but with the inserts at the top smoothed out like in my pic)
gold details (badges etc)

finishing touches later in april:

bonnet, roof and spoiler wrapped in matte black
even lower at the front

check out my thread here :) (ignore the older green bits they are just about gone lol)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...reen-ex-extreme-1-2-16v&p=9390425#post9390425

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
ill have a look now, just read dans thread, oh my god what a car that was!

if i was handy with paint or just handy at using my hands i would love to customise like that!

trying to think of a colour scheme for a black car though

ill have a look now, just read dans thread, oh my god what a car that was!

if i was handy with paint or just handy at using my hands i would love to customise like that!

trying to think of a colour scheme for a black car though

I had black and green originally then got my Cades and fell in love with them so decided to get rid of the green and do small details in gold :)

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
found a silver one for £1k already haha, completely standard :)

but im s**t at working on stuff would need help with coils