ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought myself a Crossfire

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Last month i took a trip over to Donnington and picked up the Crossfire so i thought i'd shoot up a pic to show you guys.

Had a little blast with a 182 on the way up to Stoke to get the boat back to Ireland which was interesting ;)

PICT0410Medium.jpg

PICT0415Medium.jpg

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Matta_88 said:
Are you clinically insane?...

lol only joking matey looks a minter :) nice work :)

Ha ha i actually like the auto box but im not loving the fuel bills 40 miles to a tenner around town aint great.

I think its about time i got a new battery in the diesel machine.

Titanium F/F 182
Once you have had time to settle in to your car an honest write up would be appreciated. A mate is looking at buying on of these but I'm not to sure. He is currently in a Fabia Vrs and a change of job means he has no commute. I'm trying to steer him towards a Nisaan 350Z.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Sokett said:
Once you have had time to settle in to your car an honest write up would be appreciated. A mate is looking at buying on of these but I'm not to sure. He is currently in a Fabia Vrs and a change of job means he has no commute. I'm trying to steer him towards a Nisaan 350Z.

My first choice was a 350z but i prefer the auto box as i dont rag around the place trying to race people showing off around town. Plus when i seen this my mind was made up. The amount of attention it gets is unreal and the 350Zs are a lot more common and dare i say it plainer looking. I think im getting lazy preferring the auto but its so handy in traffic and when you want to go fast just press the accelerator. Of course there is a slight delay while it kicks down but you also have the option of knocking it down yourself and it will redline each gear. It handles pretty well but as i said before i dont rag around on the limit like a tool bag and im not going be taking it to a track any time soon as im too busy.

I would say ask your mate what he's looking for. Obviously the 350z will hand the crossfire its arse for performance & will handle better but is that the type of driver he is and the type of driving he is going to do?

Then it was my luck that the week i bought it a 2004 350Z UK turned up on my doorstep for 14k

I cant really see myself going for a 350z next as i think im settled on a fresh VX220 Turbo or else an E46 M3, as the back seats would be handy for the child, but depending how prices work out when the new ones is on sale.

Monaro VXR
See round here i see more of them than i do 350z's. Both nice cars though dont think id like to own either myself though. Not into Jap cars that much and im just not the biggest crossfire fan its a nice car but something about it that i dont like and i cant exactly put my finger on it.

And doing the maths your getting what 18 - 19mpg around town. Thats really bad i know it'll guzzle fuelbut thats terrible. I have seen 5.7 litre supercharged V8's get better MPG than that.

RB 200 Cup!
crossifre - very very nice from the front but , a bit like the bentley continental GT, the back is letting down the rest of the car.

E90
I'm not a fan, but i did see some dude take his missus round the ring in one, in a fcuking silly time, so they must handle ok. I'd have the 350Z myself, but i have a massive chest wig, so it'd go with the hairy bloke handling,LOL.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
We have one in the family, and interior is v.nice and yes they are fast- was crusing doing 130mph with no hassle.

BMW 330d :)
One thing that you might not have thought about..... How much will the rear tyres be? Are they not 20 inch?? They are the driving wheels and you will go though them quite quickly at £350 each every time.

I think the 350Z looks a bit plainer but it would still be my choice as its the best all round coupe by far, much better than an rx 8 which is the same pace as a 172/182 and uses oil like petrol. Put some nice jap alloys on a 350Z and you can have the best of both worlds.

I had a 350Z accelerate hard past me the other night and the noise is something Id never get tired of. It was such a deep and throaty burble turning into a roar as the guy red lined it and left me for dust.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Yeah tyres are about £200 to £250 a corner for Pilots 19s on the rear and 18s on the front but it only has 6k miles so plenty of life left in them yet :~

Last edited:
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
Girlfriend is getting one for her next company car - didnt like them until i drove one on a test drive.....very impressed !!

Renaultsport 220T
Paddy, I'd imaging the insurance must sting you a bit over there too!

:eek:

Looks not to Craigavad!
;)

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Weeman said:
Kidney on ebay when they are knackered paddy, LOL

I look after a local tyre places website so i can always get them there at trade price and less the VAT. I need those kidneys for something.

sm_wrc said:
Paddy, I'd imaging the insurance must sting you a bit over there too!

Yeah its just over the 1k mark. Still steep enough for a 25yo with 4years no claims but luckily enough a local broker price matched Elephant for me

Golf 7R
Peperami said:
A lot more impressive and head turning in the flesh than a clio! Nice one mate!

Deffo more head turning than a clio.....but by know means in a good way, just get used to comments such as " what on gods green earth is that" its possibly the worst car ever been produced, hand me a 350z any day of the week, but again its just my opinion, which im told by the missus means next to nothing, so take it as you will.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I do have a soft spot them. Great look cars. Would have been a VXT for me though, but sitll great for cruising.:)

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
lei69gh said:
Deffo more head turning than a clio.....but by know means in a good way, just get used to comments such as " what on gods green earth is that" its possibly the worst car ever been produced, hand me a 350z any day of the week, but again its just my opinion, which im told by the missus means next to nothing, so take it as you will.

PMSL hold on a second its hardly the worst car ever produced there are Tata Safari's on the road after all but I think someone listens too much to Clarkson.

Golf 7R
paddymcc said:
PMSL hold on a second its hardly the worst car ever produced there are Tata Safari's on the road after all but I think someone listens too much to Clarkson.

Of course i listen to jeremy clarkson...he's my father afterall, and yes forgive me its not the worst car ever produced, its the fiat multipla but crossfires up there.......:dead:

Last edited:

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
I love these cars well done mate for buying somet different, looks mint ;)