ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bought new tyres for the cup

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Ive finally bought new tyres for the cup and was wondering if anyone else runs them?

My friends swear by them so i thought i would give them a try, there Toyo proxes t1-r's!

opinions?

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've had them on a 172 and thought they were good.

A mate uses them in a saloon car championship, as do most of his competitors, so they must be quite good!

White Sti Hatch
Ive got them on my "Shed" ( according to one young member on here) and i love em mate !!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Wet...Who cares?? They are sufficent for stopping...So...Don't drive like a wa nk and you'll be fine.

172 cup
driving in the rain is the way forward so no toyos for me thankyou. Love giving it some in the rain, no-one else seems to though. Maybe im just different

320d
Ive got them on my "Shed" ( according to one young member on here) and i love em mate !!

Personally my sheds on a comcrete slab but w.e makes you happy ;)

Who called your car a shed? Its extremely well modififed and looks great.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
driving in the rain is the way forward so no toyos for me thankyou. Love giving it some in the rain, no-one else seems to though. Maybe im just different

think your just different, i dont like the thought of not being able to stop in time! worse still wrecking my car or smashing into a family boat and killing someone

White Sti Hatch
Personally my sheds on a comcrete slab but w.e makes you happy ;)

Who called your car a shed? Its extremely well modififed and looks great.

Aye my dads is sittin on the same.....

Some nice young new member who asked about putting 17" wheels on his car decided to ask me for some advice then after me saying better with 16" and a slight drop some how turned into him trying to **** me etc etc and my car became a Mk3 Shed.........But still

I LOVE MY SHED ! :quiet:

Ecka you comin to the meet on Sunday ! ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

The dumbest statement in the thread.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Aye my dads is sittin on the same.....

Some nice young new member who asked about putting 17" wheels on his car decided to ask me for some advice then after me saying better with 16" and a slight drop some how turned into him trying to **** me etc etc and my car became a Mk3 Shed.........But still

I LOVE MY SHED ! :quiet:

Ecka you comin to the meet on Sunday ! ?

What meet is this mate :)

ST
I loved them when i had them...

Agree with Ali...if you push your car hard enough in the wet to get it out of shape you need your head checked...

Arctic Blue FF 182
I used to run the toyo's, found they worn quite quick, and not great in the wet, but i would still have them again probably

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I have some toyo t1-s on the rear and they have outlast two sets on the front with plenty tread left and never a pant staining moment. There again i dont drive like a tosser :D

A4 oil burner !!!
I on my third set of T1R's and cant fault them in the dry but driving a cup in the wet i make sure i err on the side of caution!

b/g 182, meg tourer
i have them and i like them. will be using them again next time too. great in the dry, ok in the wet. they don't last as long as some tyres but they are a pretty good all round tyre imo.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It amazes me how the general concensus is that Toyos are crap in the wet , yet people still say they would buy them :eek: I'm sorry , but when i buy a tyre i want it to perform well in both the wet and dry . And that doesn't mean driving like a complete t**t in the wet , just a tyre that won't let go on a bend at a reasonable speed .

I too agree that they are crap in the wet . I wouldn't ever use them again . The PE2's serve me fine in the wet and dry thank you very much :) There's a good reason why Toyos are so cheap compared to the Michelins and personally i'd rather pay more for a better tyre .