ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought This 4 £1500 with pics...........

Dirty MK5 Golf.....
Hi all bought this for my girl for xmas on a 52 plate 12mnths m.o.t no paper work tho since she has had it iv done the discs and pads all round stops a lot better now. Only prob i got is that when you turn traction control off and spin it at a junction there is a pretty load bangin seems like it is comin from the gear box so im thinkin the gearbox mount may be? PROBLEM I CANT UP LOAD PICS CAN SUM PLZ HELP thanks

bing

RS6 C7
Most likely will be engine mounts or gearbox mounts, Upload pictures to photobucket 1st them embed the link :) U get me?

Dirty MK5 Golf.....
sorry bout all the diff post crap with computers.... Leavin the traction control on is defeating the object coz the broken part is still goin to be broken in it id rather get it sorted before it gets any worse thanks for the help tho

bing

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
xmas11012.jpg

xmas11011.jpg

xmas11013.jpg

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Hey dude

Welcome to CS I'll give you abit of advice, seeing as the car has no paperwork then IMO you need to have the cambelt and aux belt replaced ASAP. Gona cost you £400+ but atleast youll have peace of mind

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
upper gearbox mount or torque take up arm. but being hard with it off the lights it may knock anyway and wont do it much good anyway. the belts need doing plus dephaser really

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Dogbone or/and gearbox mount, loosen the gearbox mount and pull the engine forward see if it makes a difference

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you doing manoeuvres to impress the ladies ?!

You said:
'when you turn traction control off and spin it at a junction there is a pretty load bangin'

Probably the sound of the local yoovs applauding your heroic driving skillz.

Dirty MK5 Golf.....
Hi all Thanks for all the replys well i did not mean to spin it this was the 1st time driving this little pocket rocket. Well the only other time for this to happen was when my girl was driving it and she was in 2nd gear and as she went to 3rd she come off the clutch abit fast and there was a very little bang not much at all iv checked the exhaust and thats all nice and tight im thinkin gear box mount. Once again thanks for the hints and tips really help.

bing

P.S As for the belts im just waitin till after the new year and its 1 of the 1st things which will be done thanks again

bing

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Also, on a serious note - get some 15" or 16" wheels.. those are enormous... far too large for the mk2 !

You can probably flog those on the 'bay, and buy some smaller wheels and end up with change.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine gives a wee knock wheni change gear a bit roughly, and I know that my engine mount is on its way out.