ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bouncing speedo

Focus ST

Mine does this as well actually, but only really at about 20mph and then again between 40-50 mph. It seems like it hits some sort of resonance at these speeds and goes mad - looks really tacky.

Reckon it could still be that this speedo head needs greasing?

Focus ST

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 21 January 2004

I replied to this in another thread I think.

I tried to search for a past thread on this topic, but couldnt find anything

the dash top panel is secured by 5 torx screws, 2 at the side hidden by the door jamb, and 3 spaced along the back on the air vents. remove and withdrawn the top dash panel towards you, then remove the instrument securing panel screws (torx again) and un clip the speedo, its pretty tight mind. My big hands make it hard work but still a ten minute job.

Also use grease rather then oil as its said the spinning of the cable can squirt the oil back into the instrument panel.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you can get pink grease from renault that is for use with plastics otherwise just some normal multipurpose grease.remove the dash top,remove the trim behind your bonnet lever,look up behind the dash through the hole and you will see where the cable joins the instrument panel,flick off the cable using a long screwdriver,remove the instrument panel now the cable is off,grease inside the end of the cable and rebuild it.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

some normal gold grease would be better if thats all you have.copper grease wouldnt really last.