ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braided Brake Lines - Worth the Money?

Impreza Wagon
I'm looking to change my discs and pads next month and I've got some Brembo HC's and DS2500's. My question is shall I also change to braided lines? What's the benefit? I was going to go for some that BTM supply (not sure of brand) but saw a couple of good reviews on here a while ago.

Benefit is better overall braking and solid feel to the pedal. Get some decent fluid in there too ate blue or similar.

Good hoses that btm sell due to them being stainless so won't rust up.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I got some BTM ones and mine got fitted when i done my discs and pads.

While you are there i would deff say its worth while

Impreza Wagon
The pedal feels very spongy at the moment and the brakes are poor. I think the previous owner replaced them with non oem parts and the fade is terrible!

I'll be getting them fitted at BTM so I presume they'll use decent fluid, does ATE Blue just have a higher boiling point than normal fluid?

RS182 Titanium
just bought some ATE very cheap and worth the money, i am also using KTR braided hoses, should make the brakes a lot better.