ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braided Brake Lines

I will be replacing my brake pads shortly with some K-Tec kevlar pads. I will also use some decent brake fluid. Is it worth the money upgrading the brake lines? I dont go on track, just fast road use.

Skoda Fabia vRS

definitely, a worthwhile investment, simply because they will never rot on you like the normal ones

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 21 October 2003

definitely, a worthwhile investment, simply because they will never rot on you like the normal ones
NO!! They do rot. They are still rubber on the inside. I have an old pair that are in a bad state if you still think they dont rot!

They dont last forever.

Ive used goodridge braided hoses before, and in my mind are worth the money. They really sharpen up the feel of the brake pedel, eliminate any sponginess and inpire confidence when breaking hard. Only small downside, if you let someone else drive, they can find it a bit all-or-nothing.

if you want to spend massive amounts.

they do corrode, rubebr ones perish and split. Anyway, the modern rubber ones are still braided but have a rubber outer shield.

No real point on the rd......and if your unions are rusty, it can be a bugger of a job if your strip them.