ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

braided front lines but not back, problem?

03 RS clio 172 flameR
As above, would it be a problem only uprating the front brake lines as they do most of the work or would this just "transfer the weak link" as its called?

cheers

Lotus Exige, 182
I don't have braided lines. But the rear brakes do very little on a 1*2, so I don't bother with anything more than the oe setup.

S3, Polo
I've only got Goodridge lines on the front of my Cup, the rears are OE rubber hoses.

I've had no adverse effects on road or track as a result!

As has been said, rears do f*ck all...

:)

BMW M135i
Can't see the point in not fitting them when they come as a complete kit, regardless of whether they do anything or not you've already got them so why not fit them.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
bmh.01 said:
Can't see the point in not fitting them when they come as a complete kit, regardless of whether they do anything or not you've already got them so why not fit them.

Wrong! I havnt got anything yet, and they sell th front ones for just £30 rather than £55! So cheers guys will save me £25

Lots of Alfas
IIRC on a 172ph2 theres 2 sections in the rear brake lines that are hoses so its pointless really as only the hoses on the axle are catered for.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got Front and Rears.....just seems the right thing to do but I never knew there were 2 sections of Rubber hosing to each rear brake so in a way yeah I suppose it is kind of pointless

the rears pass through the compensator block before they reach the hoses, so won't introduce any weak link

i'd do the rears as well myself, just for the sakes of completeness vs. £25

03 RS clio 172 flameR
the rears pass through the compensator block before they reach the hoses, so won't introduce any weak link

i'd do the rears as well myself, just for the sakes of completeness vs. £25

damm thats a good way of looking at it.

and i had almost made my mind up....

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Do the front and rears not like it costs much, you'll piss more up the wall on a night out. Also my rears were in a right state when they came off.

The rears are still hose from the beam to the callipers anyway. AFAIK all Clio kits only include the hoses from under the car to the beam. Beam to calliper are hoses crimped to pipe. That said, I fitted all four to my shed.