ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braided lines for daily car?

RB 182
My front pads need to be replaced so I've bought some Mintex 1144's at a good price. I will be using ATE Super blue as I still have some left over from the track car, is it really worth getting braided lines or will I feel a sufficient benefit with the pads and fluid alone? This is my daily 172 so it doesn't get abused like the track car, just wanted something with a bit more bite as the standard pads are poo.

This will never get used on the track, just the odd spirited country drive.

If everything was working efficiently with standard discs pads and fluid and rubber hoses you would feel no massive difference in all honesty . Others will argue.
Hoses you definately wont feel a thing
This is assuming all the standard stuff is fine , unless for track work those who proclaim huge gains had shagged stand brakes

phase 1 flamer 172
I fit them because I think they look better, but honestly felt no difference with road use.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
agree with the above comments. Fitted on my old car for just general braking upgrade. Fitted on the rear of my DCI for ease.

Range Rover Sport
Surely for the sake of £50 adding any efficiency to the brakes is a bonus. Yes I'm sure some will argue you can't feel it as some argue they can. But surely for £50 there isn't a downside to having braided lines?

To the OP question, yes for £50 for life span alone you'd see a benefit and in theory braided lines will outperform OEM rubber hosing.

Surely for the sake of £50 adding any efficiency to the brakes is a bonus. Yes I'm sure some will argue you can't feel it as some argue they can. But surely for £50 there isn't a downside to having braided lines?

To the OP question, yes for £50 for life span alone you'd see a benefit and in theory braided lines will outperform OEM rubber hosing.

We have a winner;)

As said.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Isn't the only benefit of braided lines to reduce hose expansion at higher temps?

So you wouldn't notice any difference unless you were driving fairly hard for a fairly long time?

if you do that, then by all means it's a good upgrade. And as said, they'll outlast the oem units.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
You would have to be driving like a proper t**t to even use the full potential of them on the road (daily )

track yes as a added safety factor on endurance.

Rubber hoses will be fine