ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake bleeding help

Replacing the brake fluid on my 172 and having a few problems...

1/ I have connected a clear pipe onto the bleed nipple and loosend it off, gave it a few pumps. The fluid coming out is clear whilst im pumping but once i stop bubbles come through, I have left the bubbles to clear but hours later bubbles still come through? The problem isnt down to the clear pipe either as i have changed this and the seal is good and the fluid level is topped up.

2/ When the brake is applied the front left and rear right disks can still be turned by hand but the front right and rear left lock???

Any 1 got any ideas?

Cheers

when you pump the pedal u pump till no more bubbles come out then hold the pedal down whilst the bleed nipple is tightened!

You are using a 1 way valve not just a piece of pipe arn't you?

I'll assume you are in which case you should pump the pedal then just before flow has finished close the nipple them tell the person to lift there foot and stick it down again. Open the screw when there pushing down again till there almost at the end and keep repeaing.
Best get a 1 person brakes bleeding kit its well worth the extra money.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If your using a pipe with a 1 way valve like edde says you shouldn't have a problem . Ideally though its better if you have 1 person on the pedal and 1 to tighten the nipple when the pedal is down , then there is no chance of any air being sucked back into the caliper .

I use a 1 way valve and do it on my own , never had a problem with doing it that way .

You mean when you turn the disks when your bleeding they still rotate ? After you've tightened up the nipple ,pump the brakes and the pads should sit ok .

Your best bet is to get a pipe like this . Your local motor factor shop should sell em .

http://www.autosave-scotland.co.uk/products3.cfm?id=66

Or you could get of these cheap orange rubber pipes in this pic , they usually have a rivet in 1 end and small split in the pipe to allow brake fluid through but not let any air back in .

http://www.bennetts.com/display?contentId=40831

Last edited:
Gaz Sport said:
im using a bottle half filled with fluid with the pipe in the fluid... is this correct?
The pipe does it had a one way valve in it.
The retro Renault guide looks a good idea.

The pipe hasnt got a 1 way valve but im using my brother to pump/hold while i check the pipe / open bleed screw.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Gaz Sport said:
The pipe hasnt got a 1 way valve but im using my brother to pump/hold while i check the pipe / open bleed screw.

Its not ideal , a 1 way valve is better but as long as the end of the pipe is under the surface of the fluid in the bottle it should be ok .

Gaz Sport said:
Go buy a proper bleeder only £18 or so from Halfords for an 1 person one its much much easier.

R26 230
mate ure always gonna get few bubbles comin out as can always get in through pipe unless major bubblin no biggy! just member to pump out what ure puttin back in.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Matty Baby said:
mate ure always gonna get few bubbles comin out as can always get in through pipe unless major bubblin no biggy! just member to pump out what ure puttin back in.

^^^^ Good point , always keep an eye on the level in the reservoir , and keep topping it up as you go along .