ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake caliper paint

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
The calipers on the daily look horrible and I want to give them a good clean and a lick of paint.

I looked on Halfrauds and the review for their paint are mostly bad.

Any recommendations for a paint that won't flake in 2 months time ?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Anything heat proof is best really. Rattle cans or brush on. Gonna be doing my rears with engine enamel soon and the carriers with VHT silver rattle can

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Anything heat proof is best really. Rattle cans or brush on. Gonna be doing my rears with engine enamel soon and the carriers with VHT silver rattle can
I was thinking of that also. Do you use any VHT, or you got a favourite?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
As above. I bought some Silver and Black VHT tins from Halfords to get a nice titanium grey finish. I think they do Black, Red, Yellow, Blue, Silver.

Engine paint works fine also.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Simonz do a lovely matt red VHT, not sure if they do a matt black but it'd be a great choice.

To be fair alot of people powdercoat, and while high temp stuff is stable to 500+ degrees, alot of more common coatings can't stand sustained temps much over 100.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If it's a daily and won't be used for track then Halfords enamel spray paint is great. It gives a nice powdercoated gloss look, it's great as dust and dirt cleans off it easily.
Make sure you wirewheel the crap off the caliper first and get it nice and clean before painting.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
If it's a daily and won't be used for track then Halfords enamel spray paint is great. It gives a nice powdercoated gloss look, it's great as dust and dirt cleans off it easily.
Make sure you wirewheel the crap off the caliper first and get it nice and clean before painting.
Yes, that's the plan. Wirebrush the hell off them, and paint afterwards. I wouldn't paint on top of this crap.

Attachments

• 20240321_125312.jpg
    20240321_125312.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21