ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake compensator

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
I have a mk1 valver and the brakes have been bled and no air appears to be in them. First push on the pedal keeps being too soft with too much travel but then brakes are stopping the car well when the pedal is fully depressed. I have been told by a mechanic that the brake compensator valve is not working. I am not going to find a new one now but can anyone let me know if a 172 one fits for example or can they be sent somewhere to be refurbished?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I'm sure you can fit an r5 one? Someone may be along to confirm. They are available new

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
Brilliant cheers, I knew an R5 one would fit but didn’t think they would still be making a new R5 one if you can’t get a mk1 Clio one new. Can someone let me know where best to purchase please?

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Brilliant cheers, I knew an R5 one would fit but didn’t think they would still be making a new R5 one if you can’t get a mk1 Clio one new. Can someone let me know where best to purchase please?
Check ebay bud. Loads came up when I searched

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I'm just going from what iv seen people saying on other posts but I think the spring is different to the clio so you might need to swap that over. Il ask a chap to pop in here to confirm for you

Renault Clio 16v
Zip tie the compensation valve open or jack the beam up to open the valve. This allows fluid to pass. If that doesn’t work then then you can get new valves but they will need 2 of the unions swapped to m12. I don’t think you can fit a R5 spring as I’ve not tried that because the set up is different, comp valve is near on the same though

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
Ok so don’t buy a R5 one necessarily then. I will have a look at zip tie the valve open like you mention and have a careful test drive. If the pedal feels right then I will see if I can get a mk1 Clio one from someone to swap it out. Thanks.