ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake dust on wheels...

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm going to have a go at getting off all the seriously ground in brake dust on my wheels today... what's the best way to go around it? This stuff is seriously stuck on so is going to need some persuasion!

106 GTi
Looking at them at the weekend, they will need some real welly, You still being cautious with them or do you really want it off?

I would try the clay first, then look into Meguiars Wheel Brightner.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Not really fussed to be honest, just fancied getting them looking nice for FCS. I had a go at them today and got nowhere! LIiterally, couldn't even get the nuts off with a breaker bar included!

I used Autoglym wheel cleaner stuff which is pretty damn strong, but didn't budge the stuff in the corners, and I even destroyed my wheel brush to use some of the 'pad' to get right into the corners, no luck. Clay doesn't do anything either.

I'll probably get them refurbed in the summer, as they're not in the best nick, so I'll leave them til then...

Chocolate Bar™
my wheels are a murder as the dust is actually ground in at the corners. have tried anything, but will be trying to clay them or try wonder wheels as ive heard good things about that.

106 GTi
Wonder wheels is pretty damn strong, A step up in agressiveness from the Autoglym Wheel cleaner.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, it's in the corners where mine's stuck as well Middo. Might give Wonder Wheels a go before FCS just to see if it will shift it...

I was scrubbing so hard with the remains of my wheel brush/scrubber thing that I was scratching the alloy and had to get my polish out! My fingers are also now killing me from the wheel cleaner getting into every little cut on my finger... :(

once you have cleaned the wheels use some poorboys wheel sealent to help protect them. Once you have applied the wheel sealent it makes it ALOT easier to keep them clean

Civic Type-R
Try spraying AG Wheel Cleaner on and leaving it for a couple of minutes, then scrub the brake dust with a toothbrush pretty hard, then wash it all off with a sponge :) worked for me.

Mégane RS
mine doesnt come off at all lol, even clayed it with agressive stuff and wont move, though it scratches off lol